large size incubators??? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-23-2005, 09:13 PM   #1
Kirks Herps
large size incubators???

hello everyone, another breeding season has come and gone. i will be looking for a new incubator the one i use now is a converted 55 gallon fish tank and it has worked well for years.ive having a problem controllong the temperature. i have hatched something near 75% males!! yeah i know that way too many.i need an incubator that will hold upto 400 eggs and i was wondering was you guys were using. thanks Kirk

Old 10-23-2005, 09:16 PM   #2
TripleMoonsExotic
I simply use hatchling racks (6 qt bins) to hatch all of my reptiles in. I have had 100% success with this method.

Old 10-23-2005, 09:25 PM   #3
Vince
I use Lyon RL-1 incubator and hovabators. As well as room temp shelf incubation.

Old 10-23-2005, 09:56 PM   #4
dragonflyreptiles
If you need a larger incubator for less money, buy a hovabator and get a free fish cooler and make your own, if I can do it anyone can!

http://www.dragonflyreptiles.com/incubator.htm

Old 10-24-2005, 12:13 AM   #5
Clay Davenport
I convert upright freezers into incubators. THe one I am using currently is 23 cubic feet. The insulation in a fridge is such that the temperature is extremely stable.
In most areas now folks have to pay to dispose of large appliances so you can usually pick up an old one for free.
I have a page detailing the conversion of the last one I did.
http://www.arbreptiles.com/cages/incubator.shtml
I've got $40 in that incubator, and I couldn't guess how many hundred leo eggs I could put in there, if I were breeding leos that is.

For lepoard gecko eggs you would do even better using a regular refridgerator with the freezer compartment. You can convert this into two seperate incubators. Calibrate the fridge section to your female temps and the freezer to male temps and incubate for both at the same time.

Old 10-24-2005, 05:00 AM   #6
DAND
Check out Nature's Spirit:

http://www.nsreptiles.com/

Old 10-24-2005, 05:31 AM   #7
Chris@TSE
yes indeed, fantastic incubators!

Old 10-24-2005, 10:01 AM   #8
dragonflyreptiles
Clay, Ive been looking for directions like that, I have one of the little fridges that I want to make into an incubator (free like you said). That link helps alot! maybe Ill get this thing built before next season lol

Old 10-24-2005, 11:18 AM   #9
brucestephenson
I have purchased two of the large Helix digital incubators from Casey Hulse at Natures Spirit/Snake Shacks http://www.nsreptiles.com/

In my opinion, they are the finest on the market for reptile eggs. Casey was also selling an even larger incubator that you could assemble at home.

Old 10-24-2005, 05:43 PM   #10
Supahypegex
very good link Clay. I just wonder what the wifes going to say when I drag an old freezer in the house....... guess I'll find out

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!