R.I.P Chuck Kimmel (critical bill) :( - Page 11 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > The Welcome Room & New Member Intros

Notices

The Welcome Room & New Member Intros How about a place for new members to come on in, make an introduction, and meet the regulars? Talk about yourself or anything else that comes to mind, just to break the ice. Or just pull up a chair and make yourself at home for a spell.

Old 03-26-2010, 12:59 AM   #101
shlages
CRITICAL BILL FOR HONORARY SHERIFF OF FAUNA!!!

Old 03-26-2010, 01:47 AM   #102
Helenthereef
I LIKE that idea!

Old 03-26-2010, 05:04 AM   #103
capt._howdy
Chuck will always be missed by many here he was the main reason i started reading the BOI. Heres my favorite post from Chuck i censored it didnt want to get yelled at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by critical bill View Post

I was discussing this with another parent at my daughters school, and get this, she says..because he is spanish maybe he didn't understand? - lots of spanish people come to florida and they don't understand english or the law.

WTF? English? Its a HORN!!!!! HONK HONK HONK! HONK HONK HONK! Translated in any language it means GET THE OUT OF THE WAY HOLE I'M COMING THROUGH!!!

And the law? the law of what? The law of PHYSICS?

Old 03-26-2010, 08:05 AM   #104
DAND
A friend of mine told me this after I told him I was kicking myself for never having the chance to meet Chuck and that such a good person passing at a young age seemed unjust to me. My friend told me his Grandfather had told him that the reason God takes good people is because he doesn't want any a*#holes.

Old 03-26-2010, 08:40 AM   #105
Miss Tuniwha
Quote:
Originally Posted by shlages View Post
CRITICAL BILL FOR HONORARY SHERIFF OF FAUNA!!!
"HE SAID THE SHERIFF IS NEAR!!!"

Old 03-26-2010, 12:01 PM   #106
Dr Owens
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAND View Post
I'm not sure where I said this earlier so this thread will have to do. I think Chuck should be memorialized here on Fauna somewhere, somehow and I was thinking that making his Contributing Member status permanent if possible. Not for his monetary contributions but for his many other contributions he has provided here on Fauna.
David,
I was kind of thinking along the same lines...I thought that maybe we could make him an honorary moderator, or something like that...Lord knows he was good at "taking out the trash." I'm not sure what would be a fitting memorial, but I certainly agree with you that there should be one.

I was thinking about Chuck yesterday, and I couldn't help but laugh about how every time I was forced to give him infraction points, that I was laughing about what he had said while I was giving him the points. Without fail, every time, he would PM me and apologize for "making me have to give him an infraction." He knew ahead of time (every time) that one of us was going to have to warn him...but he was enjoying himself so much that he couldn't resist posting whatever witty, off color, slam or put down he had just posted...it was worth it to him just to have gotten to have said it...because he knew that it would make people laugh...and it did.

Old 03-26-2010, 06:07 PM   #107
SamanthaJane13
Maggie-

I wanted to share something with you.

I grew up in the 60's-living with my divorced Mom and my grandparents.

They had different work shifts, so I was rarely left with a sitter.

Grandma had the evenings with me, and was in charge of feeding me dinner and getting me ready for bed-which ALWAYS included her singing me to sleep and reading my favorite stories.

All her life, one of her very favorite hymns was "In The Garden".

It soon became one of my favorites, too, as she often sang it to me as I grew up.

In The Garden-

I come to the garden alone
While the dew is still on the roses
And the voice I hear falling on my ear
The son of God discloses

And He walks with me
And He talks with me
And He tells me I am His own
And the joy we share as we tarry there
None other has ever known

He speaks and the sound of His voice
Is so sweet that the birds hush their singing
And the melody that He gave to me
Within my heart is ringing

And He walks with me
And He talks with me
And He tells me I am His own

When Grandma passed away 10 years ago, I was in charge of picking out the coffin and the memorial cards.

After I found a beautiful rose/bronze coffin for her, we were all in the office finishing the paperwork and I was looking through the book of memorial cards.

I wasn't having much success finding the "right" card-to express how we felt for her and to reflect HER-until I came across this card.

The message was like a kick in the butt!!! And I couldn't stop crying when I read it.

It made SO MUCH SENSE!!! Each and every word!

I hope you can take some comfort from reading these words, and remember-Chuck is waiting for you and watching over you.

I promise-at some point, the tears dry and the fist in your chest eases, and at another point-in the not too distant future, you will think of some silly thing that Chuck said or did, and you will SMILE and LAUGH AGAIN!!!

And he would want that for you, Maggie!!

When it happens-GIVE IN TO IT!!!

Hugs, my friend!!

Donna

Old 03-26-2010, 06:16 PM   #108
chamgirl99471
That was absolutely Beautiful Donna and that's the same saying that we read at my Grandmother's Memorial about 6 years ago... Just the thought brings tears to my eyes AGAIN!!

Remember Maggie... We are Here for you if you ever need ANYTHING!! Don't be afraid to ask!!

The Pain Takes a LONG LONG Time to ease up ( I know.. Still trying to get over my father's death last year) but it does ease and you will always remember the happy times and laughter you shared!!

Old 03-26-2010, 07:37 PM   #109
kmrkvicka
I'm amazed at how often I have brought Chuck up in various conversations... I truly felt that I knew the man, and here he is... gone... but his words still remain, and the love he felt for his family is more evident in every post by his lovely wife and girls... If only we could quantify the amount of an impact Chuck left on each and every one of us, I have a feeling we would ALL be in awe of that... It's been a few days now, and for me, it's still as unbelievable as the first day...

Old 03-26-2010, 07:58 PM   #110
crotalusadamanteus
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmrkvicka View Post
... It's been a few days now, and for me, it's still as unbelievable as the first day...
I know exactly how you feel. But I gotta admit, having that picture as my desktop background sure does help. Focus on the good stuff.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!