Anyone use Natural Chemistry Healthy Habitat cleaner? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-25-2005, 03:36 AM   #1
Herpcam
Anyone use Natural Chemistry Healthy Habitat cleaner?

We went by Reptile Depot today and I'm in need of some more Nolvasan, so I asked if they carried it. They said they don't, but recommended this new stuff called Healthy Habitat from Natural Chemistry. You can see it on their website.

It is supposed to be completely safe if you don't get it all wiped up and they say you could even use it with the animal in the enclosure, which I won't be trying. The lady at Reptile Depot said it works great, but I was wondering if anyone here has any experience with it. Either way, I'll post my thoughts on it after using it for a little while. So far, it seems to clean pretty good. It also smells alright and can kill an odor very quickly. When I was cleaning one of my crested cages, the little bugger urinated in the cup she was in. It was horrid smelling, but I used this stuff to clean it and the odor was gone right away.

Image from their website

Old 04-25-2005, 08:27 AM   #2
Traci1
I love this stuff. It does clean and deodorize very well.

Old 04-25-2005, 12:43 PM   #3
Golden Gate Geckos
me too...

I use this product for wiping out my enclosures and shoe-boxes in my hatchling racks between paper towel changes, and it is great for general cleaning and deodorizing! Keep in mind that it is NOT a disinfectant like Nolvasan, which kills bacteria and other potential pathogens, including some viruses and certain parasites. Healthy Habitat is a natural enzyme-based product that works to help break down waste products and deodorize, not unlike the enzymatic porducts used in septic tanks, etc. I still used a Quaternary Ammonium Compound (QUATS) similar to Nolvasan as disinfectant.

Old 04-25-2005, 06:32 PM   #4
Greg Riso
I Use Vapoorize

Here's the link to it. http://www.vapoorizer.com/infommercial_qthi.html

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!