current events in my own little world . - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 10-11-2006, 12:26 AM   #1
markface
current events in my own little world .

well , one of the guys i work with at the petshop has a litter of baby paulsoni's(soloman island ground boas) that were born about a month and a half ago . today we made the final agreement and i gave him a down payment on a trio of them . since we work together he said i could come by thursday and pick them up and just pay him the rest as i had it these guys are extremely small at birth and only grow to about 3 or 4 foot max . they are very cool lookin little guys and i'll have lots of pics once they get here . i can hardly wait 8)

also made another payment on my mexican rosy boas today . i should have them home in about 2 weeks :P they are a proven breeding pair and i have had then in quarentine at work since a month and a half ago so i'll only have to keep them seperate from my other critters for a month by the time i get them home . i'll also be getting them home just in time for cooling for breeding this winter , so hopefully baby rosy's next summer

next on the list of goodies is my two bci's . i have had them together now for 2 weeks and they have been going hot and heavy from day one :shock: hopefully if mother nature does her part i should have baby bci's by april or may :P

next on the agenda is i talked to the guy my two female ball pythons are going to be going to for breeder loan . it appears they will both be bred to a yellow belly male he wants to cycle his male a little longer before we put them together so i'm going to go ahead and try to feed them both once or twice more before they go just to give them that little extra weight . i'll be carrying them over there at the end of the month and they will stay there till they lay their eggs . the eggs will be incubated there , and when they hatch we will take turns picking babies with him going first till all the babies are gone from one clutch and then do the same on the second clutch . basically an even split with him getting pick of the litter from both clutches . as long as i can get a couple female yellow bellies or even one i'll be a very happy camper .

and last but not least , i talked to a girl today who is looking to get rid of her female ball python . she only want 60 bucks for it but the shop will only give her 25 bucks in store credit for it . i told her it would be three or four weeks till i can afford it but if she can wait till then i would pay the 60 for her . she agreed and we exchanged phone numbers so i can call her when i have the loot . this girl(the ball python ) looks very similar to gretchen but with a little more blushing . almost like a cinny but just a normal . she is a little over 2 years old and 39 inches long . i dont have a weight on her but if i had to guess i'd say about 1100 or 1200 grams .

well thats pretty much whats going on with me reptile wise . just thought i'd go ahead and update everything at one time instead of having 5 or 6 different threads all over the place . as things progress i will post pics of new aquisitions and progress of breeding critters . as i'm finishing this thread up , i happened to look over at borris and natasha (the breeding boas) just intime to see them unlock from doing the naughty :shock: they were locked up again when i got home from work an hour ago . i'm not even sure how many times this makes in the last 2 weeks , lol :P

any ways sorry for rambling on so much and thanks for reading it :shock: right now i feel like i've hit the jack pot on lets make a snake deal 8)

Old 10-11-2006, 01:39 AM   #2
hhmoore
sounds like the collection is building again, Mark

Old 10-11-2006, 01:46 AM   #3
markface
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore
sounds like the collection is building again, Mark
yes i must agree . once i decided that i really wanted to get back into reptiles , i have pretty much thrown myself into them whole hog . i had forgotten how much i enjoyed keeping them

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!