Green/Labyrinth Update! Long over due I know! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-05-2008, 05:11 PM   #1
BenR
Green/Labyrinth Update! Long over due I know!

I've been getting asked about these ever since this clutch hatched out, but I wanted to be pretty sure of what was going on before I made another post. I originally thought the green/labyrinths were just greens, and the heavily spotted green in the clutch was a green/labyrinth. Seemed to make since as the green looked more like what I was expecting a green/labyrinth to look like. Shortly after things shed out I really started having some doubts, and could tell what I thought were greens with not spots looked very unusal. Then when my albino green clutch hatched which contained albino greens 50% het labyrinth it was pretty clear what I thought was a green/labyrinth was really a green when compared to the albino greens 50% het labyrinth with heavy spotting. So the next question was are any of them green/labyrinths? Maybe not having any spots dorsally or on the sides is an indicator of them being het for labyrinth? That isn't likely as the albino green clutch had nothing even remotely similar to what I thought were greens with no spots. Infact, I suspect the greens and albino greens with more spotting in the clutch will be much more likely to prove out het for labyrinth versus the greens with less spotting on the sides. I say the pictures speak for them selves, and you can decide what you want. As you can see they have a much different color than the green. Plus there are no spots on them what so ever, not even going down the back which I don't believe I've ever seen a green not have.

Green/labyrinth(no spots) with Green 66% het labyrinth sibling(spots)

This is a picture of the two green/labyrinths together

Here is the green 66% het labyrinth from the clutch with a half sibling albino green 50% het labyrinth.

Last here are some more pics of one of the green/labyrinths

Old 09-19-2008, 12:07 PM   #2
AngryEd
Ben,
I've been out of the loop for awhile. So here's a belated congrats! Very nice looking snakes, as usual.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!