HELP PLEASE! MY SNAKE IS STUCK IN KEYCHAIN - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-15-2016, 11:21 PM   #1
Reptylers
HELP PLEASE! MY SNAKE IS STUCK IN KEYCHAIN

I left a key with keychain in one of my tubs and my 400G Ball Python got stuck through the hole of it . I'm gently trying to use warm water or lotion to pull his upper body and head out but nothing is working!!! she is very stressed and I don't think she can unravel herself out! PLEASE HELP ME , is there a safe way to saw it off, has anyone had this problem?!!!!! T_T

Old 06-16-2016, 01:52 AM   #2
Big Borg Reptiles
The best thing I can think of is petroleum jelly. I used it once on a sand boa that stuck it's head in a tiny hole and with a fair amount of wiggling she worked free. Another thing to try would be prying the key ring open and just bending the metal away. Good luck.

Old 06-16-2016, 10:23 AM   #3
JButera
If the jelly doesn't work I would suggest wire cutters. I'm pretty sure you know what they look like but here's a pic anyway. Name:  2040_1.jpg
Views: 226
Size:  9.2 KB

Old 06-16-2016, 11:28 AM   #4
hhmoore
Mineral oil would probably be better than petroleum jelly...but I think the snake would stand a better chance of freeing itself if the keyring was stabilized. I'd pour the mineral oil over that area, try manipulating the ring a little to make sure the oil gets under it, than just hold the ring for a few minutes to see what she does. If you opt to attempt manual removal, it's generally easier to go with the scales than against; but you'll have to use your judgement based on the thickness of the snake.
Don't let it go too long before cutting the keyring, though.

Old 06-29-2016, 12:58 PM   #5
Jasber
Did your snake ever free itself??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 06-29-2016, 02:11 PM   #6
hhmoore
He hasn't logged in since the day after posting this thread. Maybe he has notifications active, and will respond.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!