My snakes eyes look different - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-11-2017, 11:31 AM   #1
Rey Borikua
My snakes eyes look different

So I'm a brand new snake owner and I was wondering why my snakes eyes look so different I am afraid is some sort of infection or maybe not enough humidity. Thanks in advance for the help!

Old 04-11-2017, 11:33 AM   #2
Rey Borikua
A couple of picture of my snake
Attached Images

Old 04-11-2017, 12:02 PM   #3
Beyond GenetiX
If you are talking about the cloudiness, it appears to be going into shed. Look at its belly to see if it looks the same ish. If so, you should be ok.

Old 04-11-2017, 12:06 PM   #4
Rey Borikua
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet76 View Post
If you are talking about the cloudiness, it appears to be going into shed. Look at its belly to see if it looks the same ish. If so, you should be ok.
Thanks, her belly looks the same to me. Also I heard ball pythons don't eat during shed and I'm supposed to be feeding her for the first time on Wednesday

Old 04-11-2017, 12:36 PM   #5
Jahman99
Some will and some won't. Mine eats regardless. Are you feeding live or f/t-prekilled?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 04-11-2017, 01:32 PM   #6
Rey Borikua
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jahman99 View Post
Some will and some won't. Mine eats regardless. Are you feeding live or f/t-prekilled?

I haven't fed him yet but I am planning on using live

Old 04-11-2017, 01:36 PM   #7
Jahman99
Personally I would till after he sheds then. And I would try to get him on f/t food if possible. Makes it a lot easier to keep rats in the freezer for use when needed and less dangerous for the snake. If he was eating f/t I would suggest leaving one in with him while he is in blue and see if he will take it. I would NOT leave a live rat in with him.

Old 04-11-2017, 05:26 PM   #8
Helenthereef
Yes, I wouldn't feed while her eyes are cloudy, she wont be able to see properly and might get frightened. Note, her eyes will go clear again and it will still be a few days before she sheds.
She'll have a better appetite after she's shed.

Old 04-11-2017, 09:44 PM   #9
elena
Shedding is a normal an natural process in snakes, and is much morefrequent in young growing animals. Nothing to worry about! Just elevate the humidity a little and watch out for little bitts of skink that may be caught, especially around the tail tip and eye caps. If any of the aforementioned maladies occur, I'm sure there are many on this site who can walk you through the process of removing the excess bits. I gentle bath in lukewarm water reaching halfway up the side of the snake can be beneficial. I don't feed most of my snakes during the shedding process, but it is not incorrect to do so, and a refusal during this time period is nothing to be worried. Keep handling to a minimum. Your snakes first shed with you is almost always a good thing, indicating that they are growing properly. Feel free to cone back with any questions and problems. Shedding snakes are often voracious after shedding and will feed with no hesitation. Post-shed is also a great time to do a photo shoot because your snakes with be looking their best and brightest/.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!