Sooo anyone else feeling it? - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-09-2014, 10:07 PM   #21
Robert Walker
As I post this I'm doing it from my smart phone. It's there an obvious platform that fauna doesn't work from when it comes to mobile? Curious

Old 11-09-2014, 10:15 PM   #22
EmeraldBoid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Walker View Post
As I post this I'm doing it from my smart phone. It's there an obvious platform that fauna doesn't work from when it comes to mobile? Curious
I use Tapatalk, when I just access the site via a Chrome browser on my phone, I get the desktop site which is of course pretty unreasonable on my phone. I hear it's worse on an iphone, but I would not know.

Old 11-09-2014, 10:22 PM   #23
hhmoore
I use the main site from my phone and tablet on a regular basis. There are some functions that are more tedious that way; but my needs are a bit more involved than the average member.
Tapatalk?
I undeleted that within 10 minutes. There was too much missing - or, at least, not readily accessible - for me. I didn't like the interface, either; but that could have been related to the functional shortcomings. Again, though, I'm not the average user on this site.

Old 11-09-2014, 10:25 PM   #24
EmeraldBoid
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
I use the main site from my phone and tablet on a regular basis. There are some functions that are more tedious that way; but my needs are a bit more involved than the average member.
Tapatalk?
I undeleted that within 10 minutes. There was too much missing - or, at least, not readily accessible - for me. I didn't like the interface, either; but that could have been related to the functional shortcomings. Again, though, I'm not the average user on this site.
Yeah, the control panel is pretty much non existent, but posting and replying is still there...about all I do.

Old 11-09-2014, 11:01 PM   #25
Pasodama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Walker View Post
As I post this I'm doing it from my smart phone. It's there an obvious platform that fauna doesn't work from when it comes to mobile?
I use my smart phone, for this site (and others), about 98% of the time.... and I refuse to have/use Tapatalk.
Never have any problems navigating, seeing everything, making posts, posting photos, etc.
Actually, the only problem, that I have encountered, is that I am unable to use the search fields. That is a pain, if/when I want to use the search function, but, overall, everything is okay.
Maybe some other phones have problems.

Old 11-09-2014, 11:03 PM   #26
snowgyre
I have a classical "stupid" phone. Text-only for me. I have an Android tablet though and I do access Fauna regularly with that, but I'm useless for advice for how to optimize anything for smart phones.

Old 11-09-2014, 11:15 PM   #27
hhmoore
After you click on Search - whether on the main menu or within a forum - select Advanced Search. THEN the keyboard will pop up so you can proceed.

Old 11-09-2014, 11:15 PM   #28
Occidentalis
The only functions that don't work for me on mobile are giving karma and searching. The little browser tries to zoom in on the floating box and it disappears or something. Regardless, I still have no real trouble using a mobile device for 95% of the intended function.

Old 11-09-2014, 11:16 PM   #29
Occidentalis
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
After you click on Search - whether on the main menu or within a forum - select Advanced Search. THEN the keyboard will pop up so you can proceed.
I've noticed this trick as well! Any similar one for the karma stuff?

Old 11-09-2014, 11:36 PM   #30
hhmoore
No. Positive karma can be given, just skip the comment piece....negative karma requires a comment, so you have to do it from a "real" computer. A fair number of people luck out that way...because it usually isn't bad enough for people to make a point of going back for it.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!