Natural substrate - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Arboreal Boas/Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-07-2011, 01:04 PM   #1
Payara
Natural substrate

I have a bredli carpet python. I was doing research on them and found they are from a drier Australian climate than other carpets. I am all about natural setups and enclosures I was thinking of using a mixture of predominately crushed almond, coconut husk, and forest bark. Any comments or concerns on this substrate? I will not be feeding him in this tank but have tub for feeding purposes.

Old 06-09-2011, 05:54 PM   #2
Payara

Old 06-12-2011, 06:03 PM   #3
Payara
no one???

Old 06-15-2011, 01:47 PM   #4
Yaz23
Koshy, should have just PM'ed me buddy! That substrate would be fine, the only substrate you want to completely avoid is sand which I'm sure you know is a no-no. How's things? How's that bredli doing?

Old 06-15-2011, 07:38 PM   #5
Payara
It didn't even cross my mind. Next time I'll be coming to you bud. He's growing fast. Got a new cage for him, setting it up right now. I'll post some pics as soon as I get everything set up. How you been man? When you going to post some pics of your collection?

Old 06-15-2011, 09:12 PM   #6
Yaz23
No prob man! I've been good just busy as all hell lately. What happened to the custom cage that you were working on?

I've had tons of people ask me about wanting/posting pics of my collection and I've actually just started initiating the plans of my website again. I had started it last year but got wrapped up in other things so I put it on hold. Finally, I'm starting everything up again and my site should be done within the next couple weeks. I'll have my collection, available animals, my facility (snake room), info about myself etc. It's going to be great! I'm excited to finally get this going again! I'll be sending the link to everyone once it's done!

Old 06-15-2011, 11:15 PM   #7
Payara
Good to hear bud, and good luck with the website can't wait to see it.

The custom built is only a 20 long and the lil guy s about to out grow so I ordered a custom cage from Constrictors NW. The new cage is 48 x 30 x 20. I am working on the heating and UVB lighting right now. Got the plants and substrate ready to go. Hopefully before I go on vacation I can move my snake into the new tank.

I am also considering buying a new snake, amazon tree boa. You have any?

Old 06-16-2011, 12:36 AM   #8
Yaz23
Thanks!

Awesome that you upgraded the tank, I'm sure the bredli will love the extra space!

PM'ed you

Old 08-10-2011, 04:49 PM   #9
Mark McVay
Quote:
Originally Posted by Payara View Post
I have a bredli carpet python. I was doing research on them and found they are from a drier Australian climate than other carpets. I am all about natural setups and enclosures I was thinking of using a mixture of predominately crushed almond, coconut husk, and forest bark. Any comments or concerns on this substrate? I will not be feeding him in this tank but have tub for feeding purposes.

I'd take a look at newspaper and forget about trying to replicate nature! Good luck!

Old 08-10-2011, 05:39 PM   #10
Payara
Not visually appealing enough.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!