Green Tree Python Questions - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Arboreal Boas/Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-24-2011, 08:18 PM   #1
MTL Reptile
Green Tree Python Questions

i have been doing alot of research and i cant seem to decide what i would like to get. an emerald tree boa or a green tree python. which do you think has a better look, better temper, and an overall better snake? i have a 29 gallon tank right now for one. i would like to use horizontal perches and i was wondering if anybody had any tricks on how to use them with glass. any help is great. thank you
andrew

Old 08-25-2011, 12:12 AM   #2
MTL Reptile
i really like the yellow phase GTP's. i like when they are a very bright yellow with red highlights. which yellow phase GTP would you think would be the best fit based on color, adittude, and adult colors? all the help is great. thank you
andrew

Old 08-31-2011, 02:11 PM   #3
MTL Reptile
i decided to get a Neo GTP. i have been talking to the gentleman selling him to me and heres what setup he told me to use, and the setup i have built right now. please edit any care you think i need to change or add.

cage- 8.5 sterilite container
perches- 3 1/4 perches all different heights
substrate- wood chips
Rack/Heat- mini rack made out of leftover melamine with a 1 foot piece of 11 inch heat tape on the back. the tub will be 2 inches from the tape.
thermostat- helix set at 86 degrees
Spraying- 2 times a day

i was wondering if i even needed a rack for the little guy. i have a reptile room that he will be going in, that is a constant 80-82 all day. i was wondering if that would be enough for him or if i should supply the extra back heat. any help is great. thank you
andrew

Old 08-31-2011, 04:48 PM   #4
RepLover1022
Bump. Any pictures? Hubby is looking into gtps and we have the same questions.

Old 08-31-2011, 05:02 PM   #5
MTL Reptile
here is the ad of one of his sibblings. i havent recieved him yet which is why i want to double check everything before i get him.
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=264945
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=264939

Old 08-31-2011, 08:40 PM   #6
bsharrah
Specific care info varies and is often based on personal preference but what you were given is better than most I have seen. You are in good hands with the breeder.

Old 09-01-2011, 09:24 PM   #7
mister
MTL

Name:  Picture 40.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  68.0 KBhey andrew , I wish you well on your new purchase, my chondro likes his highs ,82, 84 other than that ,sounds good , did you happen to find out who original breeder was, in refrence to my purchase from you, he yellowed up ,is eating alot,and just spoiled rotten!!!! Let me know hes in the previous post-Mister

Old 09-03-2011, 10:36 AM   #8
MTL Reptile
i took the temperature of the reptile room today and it was 86 degrees in there. i would need the heat tape then since it is that high correct?

Old 09-11-2011, 10:47 PM   #9
Brandon Osborne
No heat tape needed. Most chondros prefer temps of around 84.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!