Striped jungle no coastal gene? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Arboreal Boas/Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-11-2011, 02:32 AM   #1
reptile-phan
Striped jungle no coastal gene?

ok im buying a jungle carpet python that has a solid dorsal stripe. to the best of his knowledge the animal has no coastal genes in it. the animal is 6 yrs old.
now i though that it may have been crossed with a tiger jag sibling that kept that dorsal stripe but he swears its a pure jungle.

the animal does have a thin but solid yellow stripe down his back. i dont have a picture yet but i will get on as soon as i obtain the animal.

im curious as to what this could be or if this could be a new Jungle carpet morph.

any info would be nice
thank you

Old 11-12-2011, 09:25 AM   #2
UwabamiReptiles
There are jungles that have a stripe. There are selectively bred striped lines so I would say no on the new morph idea. As far as if its pure jungle, unless you know what the parents are you can never be sure with carpets since they have been crossed into each other so much. If the snake is 6 years old, see if it has been bred and see if the offspring have the same characteristics that the snake has.

Old 11-13-2011, 02:23 AM   #3
reptile-phan
ok. well i do know that it has never been bred. the guy who i am getting this animal from picks out unique animals that catch his eye and that stripe did just that. i plan to breed him and hope to get striped babies. if this is so i would like to breed him to a 88% jungle jag female i cant seem to get out of my head. that would make some nice jag. btw his color is great too. Cant wait to get him. im soooooooo excited!!!!!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!