Wanted wanted dwarf siren - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Other For Sale/Wanteds Classifieds > Amphibians

Notices

Old 04-25-2021, 05:21 PM   #1
MichaelS
wanted dwarf siren

Wanted dwarf siren. I want to set up a breeding colony of dwarf sirens.
  Contact User Check User
Old 05-10-2021, 06:22 PM   #2
pinksmog
on fb there’s a siren group-there’s only one, so it should be easy to find and there’s a couple breeders in there. with fb standards, ya can’t really solicit sales, but if you post you’re looking you might get some advice or dm with the breeders

Old 05-10-2021, 07:19 PM   #3
meteordemon
I have some eggs and cb hatchlings growing out right now, but demand for this species is extremely high and I only know of 1, maybe 2 other people with potential breeding groups in the US. A plane ticket and fishing license is honestly going to be the fastest and likely cheapest route to getting a group.

Old 05-10-2021, 09:15 PM   #4
pinksmog
honestly, i’ve never had an issue finding dwarfs ����♀️ usually at a pretty affordable price too. you really just need to know people. but yeah, if they ask over $30, then fishing is def cheaper lol.

Old 05-12-2021, 01:27 PM   #5
MichaelS
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinksmog View Post
honestly, i’ve never had an issue finding dwarfs ����♀️ usually at a pretty affordable price too. you really just need to know people. but yeah, if they ask over $30, then fishing is def cheaper lol.
Great. Put me down for a dozen at 30.00 ea. I'll gladly pay a finders fee for subadults or adults.
  Contact User Check User
Old 05-12-2021, 06:29 PM   #6
franktiles
I've collected both Pseudobranchus axanthus and P. striatus here in Florida. If you find the right spot one can collect them in fair numbers. I've even seen a broad-striped form in the Gulf Hammock area near Otter Creek (possibly lustricolus), but they were never confirmed as to what they actually were.
I haven't collected Pseudobranchus in the panhandle but there are good populations of Necturus beyeri and Amphiuma pholeter there and I've collected several of the unsubscribed species of Siren Paul Moler the FWC biologist mentions in his book on FL Reptiles and amphibians.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!