Genetic outcome question.. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 12-24-2011, 05:53 PM   #1
Wildman09
Question Genetic outcome question..

So Im getting 2 2011 dh sunglows, one of which is possible het Jungle.

I'm planning to breed them both to an Albino in like 4-5 years. My question is if the possible jungle proves to be an actual jungle wouldnt i POSSIBLY be able to produce Sunglow Jungles, Albino Jungles, ect?

I'm kind of rusty with boa genetics, I've been breeding ball pythons and lost track of the boa genetics...

So, a dh sunglow Possible/Probable Jungle bred to an Albino... I know the outcome minus the jungle part...

Thanks for the help..

Old 12-24-2011, 09:29 PM   #2
allreptiles1966
If i got my learning right,there are no het jungles.If you have a dh sunglow it could be a possible jungle.I'm not sure if you saying it is het for jungle or a possible jungle!What are the parents?One of the parents would have to be a jungle for you to possibly have a dh sunglow jungle.
But i'm still learning the jungle stuff.Someone more experienced will chime in at sometime.Being the holidays it could be a day or so?
But yes,if the dh is a jungle and you breed it with an albino you can get albino and sunglow jungles plus more.

Old 12-24-2011, 10:30 PM   #3
Wildman09
Crap, didn't mean to put "het" in there. I know there's no het jungle, sorry about that i had another breeding young on in my head lol.

The father is an Albino Jungle, and the mother us a Super Hypo... the female in question Does have some jungle patterns but the guy isn't 100% its not just the hypo influencing that. To me, she looks ALOT like a Jungle she sunglow...

I'll try to post a picture of her but I'm using my cell so side if I'll be able to.

Old 12-24-2011, 10:31 PM   #4
Wildman09
Oop..

Crap, didn't mean to put "het" in there. I know there's no het jungle, sorry about that i had another breeding young on in my head lol.

The father is an Albino Jungle, and the mother us a Super Hypo... the female in question Does have some jungle patterns but the guy isn't 100% its not just the hypo influencing that. To me, she looks ALOT like a Jungle she sunglow...

I'll try to post a picture of her but I'm using my cell so side if I'll be able to.

Old 12-24-2011, 11:33 PM   #5
Wildman09
This is her..

Old 12-28-2011, 05:17 PM   #6
Wildman09
So who thinks she looks like an Actual Jungle dh Sunglow, rather then a "Probable/Possible" dh Sunglow Jungle? Either way ill find out in like 4-5 years..lol.

Old 12-29-2011, 08:28 AM   #7
apreske
I'm leaning towards jungle.

Old 12-29-2011, 08:40 AM   #8
Stryker414
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildman09 View Post
So who thinks she looks like an Actual Jungle dh Sunglow, rather then a "Probable/Possible" dh Sunglow Jungle? Either way ill find out in like 4-5 years..lol.
I could be wrong but I dont see how that could be catagorized as a poss jungle. The poss jungles that I've seen have all had a close to normal pattern. I know hypo can throw some aberrrances but jungles should be very distinct. When I look at jungles I tend to look for a pattern or saddles that appears to be outlined.

Old 12-29-2011, 08:53 AM   #9
Wildman09
So your saying she DOES look like a Jungle? Im getting her as a probable/possible jungle dh sunglow.

I dont have much experience with the jungle gene. Thats why I came here to seek knowledgable answers from the experienced boa guys/gals.

Old 12-29-2011, 09:09 AM   #10
Stryker414
Quote:
Originally Posted by apreske View Post
I'm leaning towards jungle.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!