That's gonna leave a mark! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 03-28-2011, 10:23 PM   #1
Southern Wolf
That's gonna leave a mark!

Old 03-28-2011, 10:53 PM   #2
Southern Wolf

Old 03-28-2011, 10:56 PM   #3
Southern Wolf

Old 03-28-2011, 11:14 PM   #4
LauraB
OMG ... that stuff was seriously scary! They got more guts & thrill-seeking ambition than I, for sure!

Old 03-29-2011, 01:23 AM   #5
WebSlave
Looks like some people learning just how abrasive an asphault road can be.... The leather duds that bikers wear isn't just for show.

Old 03-29-2011, 06:31 AM   #6
hhmoore
I can't help but shake my head when I see kids in their $600 helmets riding in shorts and a tank top. Same thing I used to see people in full leathers (race gear) and no helmet.
It is SOOOO easy for things to go wrong on a sportbike (any bike really, but the lightweight and power of sportbikes are less forgiving than the bulk of a cruiser); it's hard to understand how some people justify hitting the road without any gear.
Maybe I'm just old....but I'm also alive and intact after a recent accident. The part that gets me is I have absolutely NO idea what even happened.

Old 03-29-2011, 09:01 AM   #7
brd7666
Back in 1986 I bought a 1983 Kawasaki GPZ 1100. That thing was crazy fast, and it's probably considered wimpy by the motorcycles that are made today. The horsepower is just crazy. I use to do some crazy stuff on my bike, but not the extremes that they are doing in those videos. I use to do some good burn outs, and get it fish tailing. I did an occasional wheelie, but nothing really spectacular. I live in Florida, so there were times in the summer, the only thing I would be wearing was a helmet, and shorts, not even shoes. They can be a lot of fun, but they are also dangerous.

Here is a link to the 1983 GPZ 1100.

http://www.bikez.com/motorcycles/kaw..._1100_1983.php

Old 03-29-2011, 11:42 AM   #8
Southern Wolf
It's a good thing I didn't get a sport bike when I was younger... I would have killed myself. I ended up temp paralyzing myself with a stunt gone wrong on a BMX bike... god only knows what I would have done on a motorcycle.

Now I have just a tad bit more sense.

Old 03-30-2011, 09:17 AM   #9
GreenCountryHerp
Death is right around the corner for these idiots.

Old 03-30-2011, 09:57 AM   #10
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by brd7666 View Post
Back in 1986 I bought a 1983 Kawasaki GPZ 1100. That thing was crazy fast, and it's probably considered wimpy by the motorcycles that are made today. The horsepower is just crazy. I use to do some crazy stuff on my bike, but not the extremes that they are doing in those videos. I use to do some good burn outs, and get it fish tailing. I did an occasional wheelie, but nothing really spectacular. I live in Florida, so there were times in the summer, the only thing I would be wearing was a helmet, and shorts, not even shoes. They can be a lot of fun, but they are also dangerous.

Here is a link to the 1983 GPZ 1100.

http://www.bikez.com/motorcycles/kaw..._1100_1983.php

I had an 86 Yamaha Fazer (700cc) way back when...everybody thought - and said - that I would kill myself on that thing. It seemed incredibly fast at the time (the model got dubbed the mini Max, referencing the Vmax)....it got into the 130s with relative ease, and I was constantly grinding the pegs while tearing up country roads. I think that if I had kept it any longer, I probably would have ended up living up to everybody's expectations .

(mine had a small sport fairing)
Anyway, I've had a handful of modern superbikes since 2001 - my current being a 2008 GSXR 1000. I must have gotten old, because I don't ride this nearly as hard as I have the past ones.....though I half wonder if that might be related to a lack of confidence in this bike, related to a SCARY episode of headshake at just under 150mph. Doesn't much matter, at this point - unless I'm willing to change my exhaust, I can't play on the track since they lowered the dB tolerance.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!