Make sure you wait AT LEAST 30 seconds - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 04-02-2011, 08:10 PM   #1
SPJ
Make sure you wait AT LEAST 30 seconds

at a red light before turning right in Seymour CT. If you only wait about 10 seconds, you will get pulled over and have a HUGE ticket for "running a red light".
Definitely gonna send it in with NOT GUILTY on the ticket.
Cop said I wasn't stopped for a long enough time before I turned right.

Old 04-02-2011, 08:31 PM   #2
WebSlave
Ask to see the statute detailing the length of time required to stop. Everything I have ever read specified that you must come to a COMPLETE stop to check that the road is clear, but nothing ever mentioned about any particular time you must REMAIN stopped.

Looks like you possibly tangled with a "Wyatt Earp Wannabe" who thinks he can make up his own laws as he goes.........

If he is wrong, take it to court and rub his nose in it in front of the judge. Then request restitution for his causing you to waste your time being there to defend yourself.

Old 04-02-2011, 08:44 PM   #3
SPJ
That's what I always thought. Stop. Check if anything is coming and then turn. He said I didn't stop long enough. The kicker is that he was behind me the whole time. Followed me to another red light (where I was stopped until it turned green wuth him still behind me), followed me some more until a stop sign and then pulled me over after I turned at the stop sign. This was about 2 miles from where he said I blew the light. I asked him why he pulled me over and he said license, reg, ins and "I'll tell you in a minute". He took the stuff and went to his car. Came back and then said why he pulled me over. My answer was WHAT? Then I get the ticket.
Total garbage.

Old 04-02-2011, 10:18 PM   #4
hhmoore
I got one of those during a Troy ticketfest years ago....the cop had been at that corner for the better part of two weeks, and one day he pulled me over for failing to stop at a stop sign. When I stated that I did come to a complete stop, he responded that I didn't stop long enough. Got to court, was put in a room with about 30 other people, and somebody came in and stated that they were willing to reduce everybody's ticket to a nonmoving violation (I think it was parking on pavement).
Just a little fundraising activity, I guess

Old 04-03-2011, 05:24 PM   #5
GreenCountryHerp
Yea, they have been doing alot of those fund raisers around here lately. Yesterday I was getting on the highway and there were 8 motorcycle cops lined up next to the on-ramp waiting for speeders to come by. They didn't get me but they had people pulled over everywhere when I came back through an hour later.

30 seconds is way to long to wait, if it is clear and you have stopped completely what else it waiting 30 seconds going to accomplish. It would just make traffic back up even worse.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!