Chikn soup..... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > The Welcome Room & New Member Intros

Notices

The Welcome Room & New Member Intros How about a place for new members to come on in, make an introduction, and meet the regulars? Talk about yourself or anything else that comes to mind, just to break the ice. Or just pull up a chair and make yourself at home for a spell.

Old 01-20-2005, 11:51 PM   #1
Lucille
Chikn soup.....

Minor illnesses affect different people in different ways. We're talking colds and so on, where you feel miserable but it is not severe.

When I am ill, I want fruit juice in the refrigerator, and maybe toast; and to be left alone to rest.

When someone I know is ill (I have an ill friend right now) I like to be there and coddle them and make them feel good; if they are local I will bring them something comforting to eat like maybe chicken soup and make sure they are all cuddled up with a nice fluffy blanket; if they are far off I will call or email and fuss over them and try to make them feel good that way. (And of course as a nurse I check them out, but we are talking how we make people feel good, rather than medical treatment).

When you have a minor illness, how do you handle it for yourself, and what do you do for those special to you, who don't feel well?

Old 01-21-2005, 06:07 AM   #2
DAND
When I'm not feeling well I'm better off left alone. I deal with chronic pain and anything additional to that I get a little more ornery than usual.

If someone around me is a little under the weather I will help out with whatever they need. I become the bringer of more hot coco, soup, crackers, toast or the garbage can incase any of the above decide to make a return.

Old 01-21-2005, 06:12 PM   #3
BallPyFan
I am notorious for foisting this kind of thing on friends LOL Here is my recipe, that works:
Chicken soup, loaded up with garlic and pepper. Garlic is a wonderful antibiotic, and pepper speeds up the metabolism to help get it through your system.
After the chicken soup has been eaten, it is time for the "witch's brew" which consists of chamomile tea with lemon juice and honey Chamomile tea is a natural sedative and helps them rest, while honey is for the cough (don't know why it works, it just does) and lemon juice for the sore throat (old choir trick that always works!).
Lather rinse repeat until the patient is well enough to throw you out LOL Then next time the bug comes around you will get another phone call for the chicken soup freom hell and the witch's brew! It worked in the barracks LOL

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!