Miss you little Sis-R.I.P. - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > The Welcome Room & New Member Intros

Notices

The Welcome Room & New Member Intros How about a place for new members to come on in, make an introduction, and meet the regulars? Talk about yourself or anything else that comes to mind, just to break the ice. Or just pull up a chair and make yourself at home for a spell.

Old 01-23-2005, 04:45 AM   #11
Bringerofdoom
*suspension* i really need to contribute so i can edit the post's, that or not post at almost 5am.....

Old 01-23-2005, 05:33 AM   #12
Lucille
Mike: We would love to hear what you have to say. I think it is a very good idea for you to become a member for many reasons, I would like to see you join.

Old 01-23-2005, 12:39 PM   #13
robin d.
Quote:
i really want to add my own story to all this, but i feel with the trolls looking to pick apart my post i will not post about it. I know if they tried to use to fuel their pety fires
Mike, do not worry ... do not hesitate to share with us.. i do understand where you are coming from but "if" it was to happen it would show the actions of a true lowlife... i personally would appreciate any comments or stories.

Old 01-23-2005, 08:08 PM   #14
Bringerofdoom
ok, here it goes..

My mother died of a aneurysm 13 years ago, when i was 12. She was 52 year's old at the time. She was taken away by a ambulance at exactly 12:00am when it turned christmas eve. She finally passed on at around 4:00 am only 5-10 minutes after me and my little brother was able to go in to see her. Needless to say christmas is never a good time of year for me.

I still have many memories of my mother, alot more than i thought i would still have now. It was her love for animals that got me to love them too. She was a breeder of various show quality "toy" dogs and siamese cats. She was also a certified vet, so i learned alot when i was young. Later in life, i worked at other kennels as a trainer and even bred purebred labs and chows until i was 19. I gave that all up when i had my favorite chow turn on me and messed me up badly. It still never stopped my love for animals, even dogs.

Now, last month on the 19th My father goes into I.C.U in critial condition. My father has had severe emphazyma since i was 18 and was on oxygen since then. He never did give up smoking at all, So each year he got worse and it finally got to him. He is still in the I.C.U today, with no real word when he would be leaving it.The Doctors said if he does make it this time (he has had several close calls before) he would have no choice, but to be in a 24 hour care facility (He now has a trach tube, that cannot be removed).

The sad part about it was, he called me 2 days prior to the 19th, talking about that he wanted to have a big x-mas dinner at his house. He told me himself, that he didnt know if he was going to make it the next one. He was planning on going under a experimental high risk procedure in 2005 to try to clean his lungs. So he wasn't for shure if he would have died under the knife and wanted to make shure he got everyone togather one last time. He won't be able to do none of that now, even if he does make it.

Lucille, Robin, Thanks for giving me the courage to tell.

Old 01-23-2005, 11:03 PM   #15
robin d.
mike,
thank you for sharing.. it helps us all... when i hear other stories like yours about your mom it does make me sad but it also makles me happy that is the upcoming years... i know i wont forget her.
my prayers go out to your family and you father

Old 01-24-2005, 06:25 AM   #16
Lucille
((((Mike)))))))) I am sad for you; but they sound like they were wonderful people; I think you have some good memories of them to look back on.

Old 01-25-2005, 04:25 PM   #17
Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
For some reason I felt the need to chime in here. Maybe because I've lost so many people over the years. I guess I'm still a young woman~ but sometimes I feel so old~ my mother, father, and sister are all gone. I still have a sister and 3 brothers~ but they are older and had moved on with their lives before my sister and I were born. The family I knew as I grew up have all been gone for just over 4 years since the last one. I've lost friends over the years as well.

It gets easier. I know you don't think it will~ but it does. It's been just over 13 years since I lost my sister.

I always tell people~ remember~ the pain here~ all the little and the big things no longer can touch them. They are free of all the little hurts in this world~ remember that and be happy for them. When we grieve~ it is for us we cry. We are the ones missing something~ them.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!