Melanistic mavortium - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Other For Sale/Wanteds Classifieds > Amphibians

Notices

Old 08-17-2023, 10:56 AM   #1
Creek kid
Melanistic mavortium

SOLD . I have 1.1 mavortium. The male is Amelanistic and the female should be het. Amel as she is a sibling. These are Ltc and are 2 years old from Lubbock. He is not albino as albino lack all pigment including in the eyes. He lacks melanin hence Amelanistic. I hate to get rid of these but I am trying to fund other projects. I am asking $400 shipped for the pair. USPS m.o. only,sorry for any inconvenience. In the right hands that someone has a chance to breed these and produce more of him!
Attached Images

Contact User Check User
Old 08-20-2023, 07:16 PM   #2
Creek kid
Need to move these new price.
  Contact User Check User
Old 08-21-2023, 07:44 PM   #3
Creek kid
Never heard of a money order recipient being the one to worry about being the scammer! Its the other way around someone sending a fake money order ! Can someone please explain to me like I'm a 6 year old how I would be the scammer being the one receiving a money order????????? Go figure, some people! Pretty sure if I was the freekn scammer!! I would not be on this bleepn site selling animals as long as I have! Yeah, scammer you know what you can do buddy!
  Contact User Check User
Old 08-21-2023, 10:17 PM   #4
Socratic Monologue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creek kid View Post
Can someone please explain to me like I'm a 6 year old how I would be the scammer being the one receiving a money order?????????
I suspect the worry is that paying with a money order leaves no recourse for the buyer if the deal goes bad in some way (item not as described, DOA, no package sent at all, etc).

Money orders are basically unsecured funds -- that is, they do not have the backing of the funds processor to mediate disputes. That's one reason PayPal's buyer protection is worth the cost to a lot of people (including me; I turn down all purchases for which the seller demands unsecured funds in every instance but one I can think of, and this was a breeder of rainbow boas that is very highly regarded and is known to many people in the hobby).

Old 08-21-2023, 10:48 PM   #5
Creek kid
Thanx John for explaining. Its very sad that people can't be trusted these days. Me personally, my conscience would not allow me to take advantage of someone. If I did pretty sure I wouldn't last here on FC.As far as PayPal they are a bunch of crooks imop! I sent payment to an email that was sent back to me because gmail stated that that email was no longer in use. So I couldn't ask for my money back via that email address. Good ole pp tells me through there non existent customer service that the money was accepted, ( uhh huh right in there pocket). How's that the case if said email is no longer in use? They never returned my money!
  Contact User Check User
Old 08-22-2023, 09:08 AM   #6
Socratic Monologue
Yeah, there are a lot of scammers of all sorts, and buyers (and sellers) have to stay very alert. That isn't anything distinctly recent that I can see, but technology does make a lot of scammers' jobs easier and brings each of us into contact with many more of them more quickly; the efficiency of modern society is a double edged sword.

Was that PayPal transaction using 'Goods and Services'? I suspect not, because then a claim could have been filed when the purchase simply wasn't shipped. There are some instances where the usual PayPal buyer protection doesn't apply, though, and a buyer needs to keep those in mind. AFAIK, PP doesn't cover purchases that won't have a shipping tracking number (such as purchases made face to face), for example.

The 'Friends and Family' option on PayPal does not have such protections, though, and is simply another type of unsecured funds.

Old 08-22-2023, 09:48 AM   #7
Creek kid
I guess I was to busy being offended by someone thinking I was a scammer. Maybe I should of 1st put myself in a potential buyers shoes. If I have offended anyone with my rant than I do apologize. With pp I may use them in the future but will be more diligent with knowing there terms. Thanx again John.
  Contact User Check User

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!