needs special gloves! help! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > The Welcome Room & New Member Intros

Notices

The Welcome Room & New Member Intros How about a place for new members to come on in, make an introduction, and meet the regulars? Talk about yourself or anything else that comes to mind, just to break the ice. Or just pull up a chair and make yourself at home for a spell.

Old 12-28-2010, 02:19 PM   #1
kward12
needs special gloves! help!

i recently purchased a croc monitor(farm bred) not WC, i have owned all varieties of monitors over the years but always feared and respected the croc.(hence the reason i never owned one until now). the croc and i have developed a good repor over the last few months and his/her aggression level has gone way way down and he/she is becoming more tolerant of me being in the cage(cleaning/water changes etc.) but, he/she has some rough shed and i really want to soak it in the tub(but i like my fingers where they are). does anyone know of any really good gloves? ive seen a 4' croc bite through welding gloves like nothing and this guy is about 6' so i am looking for some really serious gloves, i know how to handle monitors, but i want a little extra protection until i see how this guy responds to handling. im not concerned about price, any insight would be appreciated. thanks.

Old 12-28-2010, 02:23 PM   #2
snowgyre
You could probably use falconry gloves? They're typically made of kangaroo hide, which is tougher than cow leather. Never used them for monitors, but they work well with raptors.

Old 12-28-2010, 03:21 PM   #3
Greatballzofire
http://www.animal-traps.com/gloves-animal-handling.html
I have used animal catching and handling gloves in stray animal and wildlife rescue work. (Angry cats and wounded dogs, for example) Maybe there is something here that is suitable for you.

Old 12-28-2010, 03:44 PM   #4
timebider
Maybe check out www.tongs.com? I don't know if their kevlar pair would do the trick or not. Good luck!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
croc monitor, crocodile monitor