Cancer SUCKS! - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > The Welcome Room & New Member Intros

Notices

The Welcome Room & New Member Intros How about a place for new members to come on in, make an introduction, and meet the regulars? Talk about yourself or anything else that comes to mind, just to break the ice. Or just pull up a chair and make yourself at home for a spell.

Old 01-23-2005, 11:45 PM   #11
Sasheena
I just wanted to leave a quick note. I'm going in tomorrow morning for the biopsy. It is outpatient surgery. By the end of the week we'll know if it is cancer. I just wanted to thank everyone on here for the lovely support. Your kindness gives me a great deal of courage. I'm very glad to be a part of this community.

Old 01-24-2005, 12:16 AM   #12
robin d.
sometime in my grandmother 50's or 60's (i think 60's).. she was diagnosed with breast cancer... thry did a radical on her left side... my grandmother just turned 91 this past november... there can be "life" after cancer... it's just how willing you are to have that life... my granny never once stopped doing anything... she still bowled until she was 88, drove up til she was 90, smokes (now she shouldnt but hey she is 91 and you cant tell her what to do) and to this day drinks two "highballs" every night before dinner, like she has for the past 40+ years... she has had before and after cancer a full and complete life and never once ler "it" get the best of her

Old 01-24-2005, 05:40 AM   #13
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasheena
I just wanted to leave a quick note. I'm going in tomorrow morning for the biopsy. It is outpatient surgery. By the end of the week we'll know if it is cancer. I just wanted to thank everyone on here for the lovely support. Your kindness gives me a great deal of courage. I'm very glad to be a part of this community.
Good luck Sasheena. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Old 01-24-2005, 05:55 AM   #14
Lucille
We are thinking of you, and we are here for you no matter what happens...
(((Sasheena)))))))))

Old 01-24-2005, 08:49 PM   #15
Sasheena
back from my scintillating day at the hospital.

the preliminary reports, while not conclusive lean twards it being benign. I should know sometime soon. Have dr. appt. on the 8th of feb. shold know before that though.... pologize for the typos. also developed a severe infection of my right hand just before going in for the biopsy. funny... hand pain is much more severe than the rest.

thansk for your well-wishes. apologize in advance if any of my posts in the next couple of days are looped... because i'lll be looped

Old 01-24-2005, 09:17 PM   #16
Lucille
I will be thinking of you, and praying for you, all the way....

Old 01-24-2005, 09:32 PM   #17
Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
You've been in my thoughts and prayers for the last several weeks Sasheena. Sorry I just stumbled on this thread~ I was looking for you in Chat to ask how things were going~ didn't realize this was here.

Glad to hear it is hopefully benign!!

The hand infection? Is that the hand the mouse bit and infected last year? Make some of all those doctors have a look at that!!

Old 01-28-2005, 05:00 PM   #18
Sasheena
Hey cheryl... nope, not the same finger (yes the same hand) that the mouse bit last year. This infection turned systemic and actually was becoming a serious health issue... though it was taken care of (antibiotics)... It's still purple black and blue and severely painful. Next time I will know not to play around with these things.

For those interested, I still think that Cancer Sucks, it steals the lives of so many people, and wrecks the lives of many many more. Happily, we learned yesterday that my father's skin cancer is a basal cell (sp) which is not one that will wreck his life. Just a bit of vigilance and the occasional removal, that's the worst it will do for him.

The BEST NEWS of all however is....

It's NOT CANCER, It's BENIGN!!

Thus ends a nightmarish chapter of my life highlighted by test after test with foreboding and forbidding results, climaxed by full-scale surgery (and the accompanying recuperation) and finally put to bed in a sort of soft apologetic sigh of "not a big deal"... I will never forget the torture of the last six weeks, nor will I ever think of it as the thing to effect "the other guy".... it's real and it's out there.

Some of the things I've gotten from my experience...

Sunrises and sunsets are more beautiful

The fur on my cats (and even my rats) is softer

I learned everything I could know about chemotherapy, thus i have more empathy for my mother's plight (though she's almost done with chemo).

I also learned how great and wonderful the beautiful people here at Fauna are. Your support has helped me to get through this.

Of course now I feel a fraud, now that it's all just a big ol scare and nothing else.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for being there and being supportive. Now I just have to heal, and move on. (Hey, putting some of my snakes together to breed starting this weekend!)

Old 01-28-2005, 05:48 PM   #19
Lucille
YAAAAAAAAAAAY

*****You have made my day, I am SO happy for you!!!!!*****

Old 01-28-2005, 06:31 PM   #20
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasheena
The BEST NEWS of all however is....

It's NOT CANCER, It's BENIGN!!

GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!