Fed-Ex Billing??? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 07-28-2004, 04:51 PM   #1
David R.
Fed-Ex Billing???

I know several of you on this Board recently opened up "Herp Approved" Fed-Ex accounts for shipping purposes. I also remember reading on here that some of you stated that you may have to adjust your shipping charges once you got one or two Fed-Ex bills. I believe I even remember reading in a response from the "WebSlave" that he was now charging his customers $50.00 for Fed-Ex shipping and he stated that he was unsure at the time if was breaking even, making a buck or two, or going in the hole by charging only $50.00. I assume by now most of you who opened up Fed-EX accounts early on have now received one or two bills. Was wondering if any of you with the Fed-Ex accounts would be willing to share with us if the Fed-Ex bills have been about what you were expecting??? I know this may be a touchy issue with some of you because a small portion of dealers want to keep their actual shipping cost totally secret so that they can actually make money on it. My experience is that most customers will have no problem at all with the shipper making a few bucks on the shipping cost especially if the shipper has no or only a very small box charge.

I am asking the above question, because I have yet to open a Fed-Ex herp account and did not want to do so if I had to charge my customers more than $50.00 per shipment. My shipments would indeed most likely be slightly heavier that what most of you are currently shipping. I also realize that if you have a "flat rate shipping fee" that you may make a few bucks on the shipping fee on some shipments and loose a few on others.

Any feedback from the "Fed-Ex" shippers would be appreciated.

Thank you.

David Rivers

Old 07-28-2004, 05:31 PM   #2
Tom McKenna
My exsperience so far is ship can be alot different due to size of box. I usually use 12x11x12 boxes and with the weight of around 5 pounds it is 35.00 or so but when box is wierd shape they charge more. Weight isn't as big of a factor

Tom McKenna

Old 07-28-2004, 06:04 PM   #3
hummi22689
FedEx has charged me outrageous prices. They have charged dim weights on all my packages, despite them telling me it would be actual weight on all packages smaller than 12X12X12. I was charged $35 for a 7X7X7 box that actual weight was less than a pound and charged $55 for a 12X6X6. I talk to biling and everyone tells me different things. I have talked to my local rep and he tells me it is because I use my own packaging. I have only recently started using FedEx and I have not had one shipment been billed rights out of 5. I am thinking of going back to UPS or even Airborne. They are about as reliable, and in most cases cheaper.

Old 07-28-2004, 06:15 PM   #4
Tom McKenna
Sorry to hear that Hummi. But that is just wierd. I do all my labels online and get the online discount. And so does a few of my friends who have now got a account and no problems. I just looked back threw some bills and I shipped a 9 pound Boa and the shipping was only 43.50. Something isn't right with your account - make sure you ask for all discounts you can get and things like that.

Tom McKenna

Old 07-29-2004, 02:35 AM   #5
willykink
moved?

i read this post specifically because im trying to start up a legit side hobby/business of my own and read and research all i can before going full blown public with my own commercial accounts and such on other sites that will remain nameless, but im curious mr moderators why this post got moved? (just so i dont post things in the wrong spot in the future, not trying to be an a**)

ps.same issue with the venemous license post as well? i know theyre technically inquiries but...

Old 07-29-2004, 10:34 AM   #6
Khaman
Re: moved?

Quote:
Originally posted by willykink
ps.same issue with the venemous license post as well? i know theyre technically inquiries but...
The BOI is reserved for inquiries of persons or business and what other's experiences have been with them. So this tread was moved to a more appropriate forum.

Old 07-29-2004, 11:30 AM   #7
David R.
Scott,

I'm a little confused now myself and I started this thread. I thought I was indeed doing just what you stated. I was simply asking about a business named "Fed-Ex" and others "experience" with them when it came to billing.

In any case, I do understand there is a "shipping" forum, so "whatever".

Thank you.

David Rivers

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!