Greetings from Hong Kong - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > The Welcome Room & New Member Intros

Notices

The Welcome Room & New Member Intros How about a place for new members to come on in, make an introduction, and meet the regulars? Talk about yourself or anything else that comes to mind, just to break the ice. Or just pull up a chair and make yourself at home for a spell.

Old 01-08-2011, 12:15 PM   #1
philipsteel
Greetings from Hong Kong

Hey all,

Just wanted to say what's up from Hong Kong. This is Bobo, my first adopted beardie. His set-up is rather basic currently but he seems happy dandy at the moment and the adoption was rather last-minute so I didn't have a ton of time to fully research everything into viv set-ups. Any comments or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Phil

Old 01-08-2011, 06:42 PM   #2
Nick & Chelsea
Set up and Beardie look great. Welcome to the Forum. Only thing I can suggest would be some bedding.. Sand type, or Walnut type. They tend to enjoy it, and it serves as sort of a "Security Blanket" to them. Aside from that, keep him well fed with Crickets, Veggies, and meal worms, occasional vitamins, and Calcium. Also, make sure atleast one of your lights is a U.V.B. as they need the benefit of the rays with a lack of actual raw sunlight coming in. That's all I can offer, as I have limited personal experience with Beardie's myself.

Welcome, Nick

Old 01-08-2011, 06:52 PM   #3
TheFragginDragon
Greetings Phil, and welcome to Fauna!

Old 01-08-2011, 09:11 PM   #4
philipsteel
Hey NicK,

Yeah, I've got an 18ich UVB tube, 100W UVA basking bubl and 100W infra-red but I am going to change that to a ceramic heater as I've researched that red lights can affect sleeping patterns.

Sand? really? Again, I've researched that sand whilst can be used for adults, is not recommended due to accidental digestion...

Phil

Old 01-08-2011, 09:13 PM   #5
philipsteel
Cheers TFD! Michigan eh? I used to go to uni in Windsor =)

Old 01-16-2011, 04:25 PM   #6
Utta
welcome Phil!

Old 01-16-2011, 09:13 PM   #7
philipsteel
cheers Utta!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!