After 15 years away I came back to find..... - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 07-04-2021, 03:45 PM   #11
M.Dwight
I think it is mostly my fault for being away so long, and not knowing who is who. I'm honestly NOT blaming Fauna for this...honest.

HOWEVER, perhaps there needs to be a STRONG rule that if you show images of animals for sale those images MUST be the EXACT same animals that are shipped.
What do you think? Does that make sense to you? Am I asking too much?

Old 07-04-2021, 03:51 PM   #12
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Dwight View Post

Of course I realize the VAST majority of people on the boa classifieds are fine.
I think so too. In fact, I think most people are good.

Quote:
...the same old crap. People still selling obvious imports as captive bred/born. People still using the old bait and switch by putting photos in the classifieds of different snakes than they advertise. What a shame. I guess some things never change.
Is this an epiphany? You stated above that most people are fine, this to me implies that you realize that some are not. Yes, there is good and evil in the universe. But you are saying you knew all this years ago.

Quote:
Have you seen the classifieds lately? It's ridiculous.
You mean the free classifieds you chose to visit where you already stated that THE VAST MAJORITY OF PEOPLE ON THE BOA CLASSIFIEDS ARE FINE?

Quote:
Can you really blame me for my post?
It seemed like a bit of a tantrum. An unnecessary tantrum, given that, by your own words, you realize the nature of the universe.
Had you not cast aspersions on the classifieds, I might have found it in me to commiserate that you had an unfortunate experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socratic Monologue View Post
some Tylenol and a nap.
Excellent solution

Quote:
if you show images of animals for sale those images MUST be the EXACT same animals that are shipped.
And do you expect that rule to be policed? By who? And their time, would it be free? Would they be liable for errors? What if they are wrong? Who gets sued for the defamation of the seller if the photo was genuine, but merely under a different light or some such? What if it was merely an error, and the seller offered a partial refund or a pizza for the mistake? I've seen threads where people debate for PAGES whether an animal is the exact same one as one shown in a photo. And if a violator is found, who is going to police that he doesn't simply return with another username?

Old 07-04-2021, 04:14 PM   #13
M.Dwight
Wow Lucille, you've just said criminal activity is fine.
Well, I don't think it's acceptable . PERIOD

Old 07-04-2021, 04:19 PM   #14
Lucille
Quote:
Please point out exactly where I stated that.

Old 07-04-2021, 06:05 PM   #15
WebSlave
Quote:
HOWEVER, perhaps there needs to be a STRONG rule that if you show images of animals for sale those images MUST be the EXACT same animals that are shipped.
What do you think? Does that make sense to you? Am I asking too much?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
And do you expect that rule to be policed? By who? And their time, would it be free? Would they be liable for errors? What if they are wrong? Who gets sued for the defamation of the seller if the photo was genuine, but merely under a different light or some such? What if it was merely an error, and the seller offered a partial refund or a pizza for the mistake? I've seen threads where people debate for PAGES whether an animal is the exact same one as one shown in a photo. And if a violator is found, who is going to police that he doesn't simply return with another username?
Quote:
Well, I don't think it's acceptable . PERIOD
I don't believe Lucille said that at all. She was pointing out, if not the impossibility, at least the impracticality of enforcing such a rule as you are requesting. You want US to get involved and in the middle of each and every transaction here in order to verify an offering of an animal for sale and then confirm after delivery that all went well? From a *FREE* classifieds site? Do you truly believe that we have nothing better to do in our lives?

And then what happens if it turns out the seller lied about the photo matching the animal he or she was going to ship? What happens if the buyer lies about what they received and sees this as an opportunity to maybe get a free replacement from someone? What do WE do then about it? Send out the private investigators and when they uncover the guilty party, sentence them to public stoning?

Do you think that perhaps you are being a mite bit unrealistic about what you want out of this site? And, as well, being quite a bit generous with your wanting to volunteer our time and efforts in this pursuit that you want.

I do hope you are not greatly disappointed when I say that I do have to decline your suggestion. In a perfect world, perhaps it wouldn't be so unrealistic. But then again, in a perfect world, neither would it be needed.

Old 08-03-2021, 12:19 AM   #16
allreptiles1966
Maybe stupid, but here it goes.
I personally really like this site. I sold my first few batches of German Giant bearded dragons and their crosses on KS. Then I found fauna and have never sold or bought another reptile from any other site. This place suited me well and I appreciate all the hard work/efforts by Rich and his crew. Even hard line Harold. I’ve received my fair share of points and loss of privileges. But, I always come back. Never went to another site to sell my boas. Just waited til my suspension was over.
I assume Rich and crew do this out of love for reptiles and the business. I know they deal with a lot of bs, including some of my own. In the beginning, I came very close to knocking on Harold’s front door. But, it would have been wrong and I quickly changed my mind. He was just doing what was needed.

Done with that.

Being drivers licenses have drastically improved to combat fake ones, couldn’t people who join and want to sell animals have to show new updated Id? Scan it somehow? Maybe be fill out an application form through the mail and send a copy of new id? If people want to sell reptiles on here and profit as they do, why not do something along those lines. People who are just buying can skip this portion since they aren’t the scammers. I know, not practical. How do you know though. There are many many good breeders/sellers who wouldn’t mind. I’m sure the drop in posts might be steep, but most will be the people we/you don’t want here in the first place. After a while and the “bad” should mostly be gone.
How many people can keep getting drivers licenses in other peoples names? Maybe once or twice. IMO. And most people aren’t gonna give their id to their friend they know is scamming people. I would hope.
It just seems there has to be a way. This is a great site and many people like it.
I’m not sure what MM or KS do or charge. I’ve only used this site since 2008-9. Not sure. But hid in the shadows since around 2001 when I got into the bearded dragons. Which quickly became boas when it found this site.
I really don’t know, I’m just throwing my 2cents in because I do care.
Matter of fact, I’ll be a paid member by days end tomorrow just to show my support for Rich and crew. I’m not selling much at this time but I should keep supporting the best reptile site out there. That’s my opinion. I’ve had someone save me a hassle with a bad seller and I also saved a guy from a really bad trade on here. Plus exposed another guy that just was a pos and at some time, probably would have done someone wrong.

Those poor dogs. Some remember that.

Shit, Rich, I’ll spend 6 hrs a day scanning id’s for you! If that ever was a real thing.
I’m retired and and have time. Too much really.

Proving who you truly are should NOT be a hassle to anyone wanting to sell on here. Why wouldn’t it be. People prove who they are to get drunk or drink a beer all the time. And that’s not making thousands and tens of thousands of $$. That’s costing. They also pay just to walk in the door.
So I don’t get it. The site can still be free I think. I’m not sure on the cost to say scan id’s to make sure people are who they are claiming to be while trying to sell a $15,000 boa. Or a quality Lipstick albino by Tom Burke. Lol.

I’m thinking Rich will tell us why this wouldnt work or funding it would cost.
I’ve read a lot of people’s comments here and there and it seems like people want this site. How many? Not sure. Would honest people pay a nominal fee to sell boas on here? I’d hope so. I was a contributing member while selling my boas. Could I ave some more, maybe so. But I was raising 3 kids still.

Let’s help Rich and crew, I know we could.

How much is a scanner to scan drivers license’s. If there is one. Could a picture sent over the internet be successful in scanning it properly? I don’t know. I’m a basic red neck and computers are out of my league.

Red neck Rich.

Old 08-03-2021, 01:54 PM   #17
WebSlave
So, is this a discussion about boas, or would the entire thread be more appropriate in the FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum?

Old 08-03-2021, 01:58 PM   #18
allreptiles1966
Reading mine, probably not here. You’re right, Rich

Old 08-03-2021, 04:40 PM   #19
WebSlave
Well, since the original author claims he won't be back here for another 15 years, anyone else have any good reasons why this thread shouldn't be moved to the proper forum for this sort of discussion?

Old 08-03-2021, 10:55 PM   #20
Socratic Monologue
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
Well, since the original author claims he won't be back here for another 15 years, anyone else have any good reasons why this thread shouldn't be moved to the proper forum for this sort of discussion?
The BS forum?

Not joking, really, since the original post wasn't about Faunaclassifieds the website (so doesn't belong in the site feedback section), but rather about the people who post ads on it (and not even about the ads themselves -- it was specifically directed at the people).

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!