After 15 years away I came back to find..... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 07-02-2021, 10:31 PM   #1
M.Dwight
After 15 years away I came back to find.....

...the same old crap. People still selling obvious imports as captive bred/born. People still using the old bait and switch by putting photos in the classifieds of different snakes than they advertise. What a shame. I guess some things never change. Glad I got out. See you in 15.
Have a happy fourth

Old 07-02-2021, 10:37 PM   #2
tcp2
What an upper of a post. Good thing we will not have to see it again for 15 years.

Old 07-02-2021, 10:38 PM   #3
V675210
Lol I agree

Old 07-02-2021, 11:02 PM   #4
Socratic Monologue
Huh, that's nothing.

I was at the grocery store today, and the first three apples I picked up were bruised. Apparently, the entire grocery infrastructure in this country is trash.

Or maybe I just need some Tylenol and a nap. Hard to tell sometimes.

Old 07-02-2021, 11:10 PM   #5
M.Dwight
But it's not like there's just one bad apple. I went through four (yes FOUR) bad apples today to find the one good one.
Have you seen the classifieds lately? It's ridiculous.

Old 07-03-2021, 12:27 AM   #6
animal-house
Pleaseeeee stay the hell away. We don’t want you anyways with that attitude.

Old 07-03-2021, 12:32 AM   #7
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Dwight View Post
...the same old crap. People still selling obvious imports as captive bred/born. People still using the old bait and switch by putting photos in the classifieds of different snakes than they advertise. What a shame. I guess some things never change. Glad I got out. See you in 15.
Have a happy fourth
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Dwight View Post
But it's not like there's just one bad apple. I went through four (yes FOUR) bad apples today to find the one good one. And I'm not 100% sure about them.
Yeah, some things never change, I guess. Just like me constantly having to nag people about having more than one account on this site. People.... gotta love 'em...

Old 07-03-2021, 08:56 AM   #8
Socratic Monologue
Quote:
Yes, actually I have. I look at them nearly every day, not just the ones for animals I'm interested in, but I scan all the ads to see what hobby trends are, and to make mental notes of what buyers and sellers are selling and saying. I comment on some of the ads, and give helpfully-intended comments on discussion threads. I keep a list of sellers and buyers who appear less than legit, so that my future transactions will be guided by these observations.

I post ads, and reply to ads and make purchases. I also scan ads on other similar sites, and evaluate the differences between this site and those others, and to see how sellers who are on multiple sites operate on, and are responded to on, each site. This is why all my online transactions take place here, and why I support this site with a small donation.

So, yes, I think I have a fairly decent grasp of the conditions of the classifieds.

Old 07-04-2021, 05:12 AM   #9
M.Dwight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socratic Monologue View Post
I keep a list of sellers and buyers who appear less than legit,
I wish I'd had that list yesterday. I think I ran into everyone of them

Of course I realize the VAST majority of people on the boa classifieds are fine. But if you knew what I went through yesterday you wouldn't blame me for letting out a little steam.
This was my first boa purchase in 20 years so I was hoping it would go a little smoother. It gets a little frustrating when AFTER you pay the seller informs you they have to check if the boa in the images is the actual boa they're shipping
Can you really blame me for my post?

Old 07-04-2021, 01:07 PM   #10
WebSlave
Quote:
I wish I'd had that list yesterday. I think I ran into everyone of them

Of course I realize the VAST majority of people on the boa classifieds are fine. But if you knew what I went through yesterday you wouldn't blame me for letting out a little steam.
This was my first boa purchase in 20 years so I was hoping it would go a little smoother. It gets a little frustrating when AFTER you pay the seller informs you they have to check if the boa in the images is the actual boa they're shipping
Can you really blame me for my post?
And that would be the fault of this site how, exactly?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!