Baware some in the herp world is sending viruses! PLEASE READ! - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 08-27-2003, 10:06 PM   #11
Glenn Bartley
Well over the last couple of days, since last night actually, I have started to receive mailer-daemons. In other words I have been receiving emails being returned to me as non-deliverable. The thing is I never sent them out in the first place. All of them say that the mail was not delivered because it contained a .pif file extension - which is the way recent viruses have been delivered.

From what I can gather, it appears as if someone with my email address on their HERP mailing list (as this is all herp type mail) has got a virus on their computer which took my name from that list and used it as the name of the sender and is then sending out mail to the other people on that computer's mail list. Now they are being "returned to me as undeliverable becase at least a few people have a firewall or email virus protection. (Please bear in mind that technically they were not really returned to me as I never sent them nor did my pc as it is virus free - just did an extensive check. They do get sent to me because the virus took my name off of an email list to use as the sender).

I am including the few email addresses that returned the mailer-daemons to me (bear in mind others may have been delivered that were not returned but instead spread the virus), so you guys can see if these addresses look familiar. If they are from your address book, you need to check your PC for a virus.

The addresses are:

pythonbreeder@earthlink.net

zebra.esosoft.net

Jimmy@Texhiss.com

E19rxOq-0001j3-AI@home.herpdns03.com

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!