Scum of the year award - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 09-11-2003, 12:44 PM   #1
HerpVenue
Scum of the year award

I get the scum of the year award.

I was the one that posted that thread a couple weeks ago on fauna.....that says don't ever forget.

Well this morning I had flag detail. Some of my fellow soldiers also had flag detail. I even reminded them yesterday that they had flag detail today.

What happened?

I forgot.

yeah yeah yeah I got in trouble and will get flag detail for the rest of the month. Yippee.

But that is not the point.

of all the days I missed...it had to be today 9/11/03
September 11.

I will not get this day back. I was given a chance to raise our nations flag on post and I forgot. I was given a chance to render honors to the flag and I forgot. I was given a chance to honor all the people that died two years ago today and I forgot.
I did not FREAKING show up.

They could give me all the punishment in the world....
Bottom line.
I FREAKIN FORGOT

Old 09-11-2003, 12:55 PM   #2
Darin Chappell
Missed opportunites are just that...missed. This will help you to look for others in the future, Ritchie. Don't be too hard on yourself. You could do what I've done, if you want to help "balance the books" a little.

I go to the local elementary schools around the area and teach the kids how to honor the flag in raising it, lowering it, and folding it correctly. I know it won't soothe your aggrevation at yourself right now, but passing on that level of respect you have to the next generation has rewards too many to count!

Don't be too hard on yourself, Pal.

Old 09-11-2003, 06:29 PM   #3
Glenn Bartley
My guess would be that maybe you forgot because today is a day that somewhere inside of us all we would all like to forget; in fact we would like to forget it so much as to make it so that it never happened. Yeah I know that no one consciously wants to admit they want to forget, but I am talking about the part of you that doesn't let you know what it is thinking - your subconscious.

Don't worry thoguh, something tells me you will make it up to yourself and to the USA, and to old glory. But you don't have to make it up even though you will - the truth is you simply forgot.

All the best,
Glenn B

Old 09-19-2003, 10:34 AM   #4
G-lock
Isn't it a sickening feeling?

My platoon (at Ft. Stewart, GA) once had funeral detail for a month. We went all over GA, SC, and FL to do military funerals. One or two a day, every day.

I was on the "rifle squad" for the 3 shot volley. At one funeral, as I was bringing my rifle off my shoulder, it got hung up on my blue (Infantry) cord, and while trying to dislodge it w/o calling too much attention to myself, I had an AD. Can't cover that up

I felt like a turd for a long time after that.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!