Is 2 layers of sealant ok for a diy rock structure? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services

Notices

Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services Discussions concerning the feeding requirements of any of our critters, the cages they need to live in while in our care, and all of the supplies and services needed to do this right.

Old 12-13-2021, 08:38 PM   #1
Bugs_and_Herps
Is 2 layers of sealant ok for a diy rock structure?

So I’m making one of those diy rock structures with foam and grout for a leopard gecko I am adopting. I just finished painting on a nontoxic sealant but I only had enough for two layers. Is that enough? I don’t want to have to go out and buy more if I don’t have to in the terrible weather I’ve been having. I ask because I don’t remember how many layers I did for my last rock structure… advice appreciated. Thanks

Old 12-14-2021, 01:21 PM   #2
Randall Turner
I would say 2 should be enough. If it was going in a high moisture setting it may benefit from more, but seeing that leopard geckos don't require crazy high humidity and they don't have destructive claws it should be good.

Old 12-14-2021, 01:35 PM   #3
Bugs_and_Herps
That’s what I was thinking… the rock structure in my uromastyx viv couldn’t have had more than three layers and it’s held up really well with his more destructive claws so I can’t imagine a leo would do much damage even with one less layer. Plus it has three layers of thick grout underneath. Thanks for your response!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
diy, leopard gecko