I'm Lucy and I live it texas - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > The Welcome Room & New Member Intros

Notices

The Welcome Room & New Member Intros How about a place for new members to come on in, make an introduction, and meet the regulars? Talk about yourself or anything else that comes to mind, just to break the ice. Or just pull up a chair and make yourself at home for a spell.

View Poll Results: Should I take the frog out?
Yes 7 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-28-2022, 12:13 AM   #1
Lucy99
Question I'm Lucy and I live it texas

Should take this wild tree frog out of my corn snakes terrarium?
Attached Images

Old 06-28-2022, 11:19 AM   #2
Socratic Monologue
Yes, and then remove the snake temporarily, disinfect the viv and all the hardscape, discard and replace the substrate. Then either put together an appropriate enclosure for the frog or humanely euthanize it; do not release it.

Mixing any species is a bad idea, but if one of them is WC it is a worse idea.

Old 06-28-2022, 12:20 PM   #3
chrisis697
How long have they been coexisting in same terrarium?

Old 06-28-2022, 03:30 PM   #4
Lucy99
@john Miller why not release it?
@christopher Shelly less than 24 hours.

Old 06-28-2022, 04:05 PM   #5
chrisis697
Yes releasing is a way better option in my opinion especially if the frog is endemic to that area.
I don't think the corn will eat it, also in my opinion I would let thm coexist. To each his own.
Good luck in whichever u choose.

Old 06-28-2022, 04:21 PM   #6
Lucy99
@chrisis so you would keep the frog in there with the snake?
Cause I kinda want to.

Old 06-28-2022, 05:49 PM   #7
chrisis697
If it makes u happy to see it thn do what makes u happy. Everybody can give u there opinion & reasoning but at the end of the day what is important is how U feel. They r ur animals so do as u seem fit!

Old 06-28-2022, 08:08 PM   #8
Socratic Monologue
Releasing it risks introducing novel pathogens to the local environment that it may have picked up in captivity. The life of one frog is not worth that risk, especially given the terrible state of affairs wild amphibians are currently in.

I personally don't think keepers should do whatever they want with their animals, especially when those choices impact wild populations (which, as a legal matter, belong to us collectively).

Rereleasing of WC native wildlife is also restricted or prohibited in some areas/states because of this risk (among other reasons). This isn't to say that this is the case where you live, it is to say that some natural resources agencies have recognized these risks.

Old 06-28-2022, 10:27 PM   #9
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisis697 View Post
If it makes u happy to see it thn do what makes u happy. Everybody can give u there opinion & reasoning but at the end of the day what is important is how U feel. They r ur animals so do as u seem fit!
What is important is taking the time to do research if one is keeping critters, and keep them in the best possible environment and look out for their health and safety.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
#cornsnake, #frogs, #treefrogs