Bad Guy Reptasia UK Avoid - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-18-2015, 07:36 PM   #1
Nutbeam
Reptasia UK Avoid

Got a "male" panther chameleon from Reptasia back in June, to which i thought it was a female, the original breeder even commented on a Facebook picture saying it looks female and was even told on her that it looks female.

So i went back and was told i could swap it for peace of mind although he said he couldn't sex the second one because it was too young, but i swapped anyway as the first one has tail rot as well which he told me to put "sudocream" on.

As the second one grew up i then realised that she was also another female which i decided to keep and basically asked for the difference in price of the female and male (£30) so i then paid for a female and got a female, then everyone is happy.

They failed to give me the difference despite saying they will refund it back in June, today my partner inboxed their business page on Facebook and then are now saying that me and my partner needs to pay for the upkeep of the chameleon that we gave back as they had to keep it for 30 days and they had to provide food and electricity for it and they are now saying it cost them £15 on food a week for a juvenile panther.

And now it has resulted in them threatening me to go to a small claims court if i don't pay for the upkeep?

am i in the wrong or not?

Old 11-18-2015, 07:45 PM   #2
Snake-Queen
If you exchanged the first chameleon for a different one, no you are not responsible for the first ones upkeep.

Old 11-18-2015, 10:38 PM   #3
tlmoon
I don't think you are responsible for the upkeep; you switched for a different Cham. That just seems like a weird request from them.

Was the sex of the original animal guaranteed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 11-19-2015, 12:15 AM   #4
CwnAnnwn
Could you please post the conversation? Because it has to be a joke.

Old 11-19-2015, 10:50 AM   #5
Craig Wyatt
Dan I'm with you on this one. I was thinking the same exact thing. This doesn't sound believable.
You need to post your conversations. If your telling the truth that guy is off his rocker.

Old 11-19-2015, 03:08 PM   #6
Carlton
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlmoon View Post
I don't think you are responsible for the upkeep; you switched for a different Cham. That just seems like a weird request from them.

Was the sex of the original animal guaranteed?

I think most cham breeders won't guarantee sex on young juveniles but as we don't know the age of the OP's cham at time of purchase hard to say. Breeders who have worked with particular bloodlines a long time might be more certain. Again, we don't know this about the seller.

Old 11-19-2015, 03:32 PM   #7
Craig Wyatt
I think your wrong. Let's say a male cost $200 and a female cost $100 and you buy a male and get a female I think any reputable breeder that makes a mistake and sends a female instead of male would correct the problem.
I could see if they were all one price with no guarantees on sex written out then that would be one thing. But if your selling males and females the seller needs to get it right or fix it if a mistake is made.

Old 11-20-2015, 03:45 PM   #8
Snake-Queen
Something is off with this post … the OP hasn't returned to answer any questions.

I'd like to know if the OP contacted Reptasia UK to let them know about their post.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!