need to stop bill sb3264 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 02-07-2012, 09:09 PM   #1
will11780
need to stop bill sb3264

Illinois bill sb3264 dangerous animals there trying to take all pythons,boas,etc. we need to stop it heres a link to a petition please sign it http://www.change.org/petitions/stop...us-animals-act

Old 02-08-2012, 10:39 PM   #2
PD4Ever
WE WILL LOOSE THIS BATTLE IN IL, REPTILES AND EXOTICS WILL BE BANNED SOON

We are going to loose this fight, why... because people are not going to sign the petition FAST enough AND TAKE THE EFFORT TO CALL THEIR STATE SENATORS. Goodbye snakes, lizards, Savannah cats, Servals, Pit Bulls, Mastiff, etc. Sign the petition below, but do more than that. Have all of your friends, family and co-workers do the same NOW. Then CALL your STATE Senator.

http://www.change.org/petitions/stop...rm=autopublish

Old 02-09-2012, 09:48 AM   #3
Sariel
OK guys a quick tip, we really need to stop relying on change.org for these petitions and you need to send letters to your actual representatives or reputable sites.
If you actualy take a quick look at change.org you will notice a few things, most obviously is that anyone and their mother and their dog and their ten year olf kid can create a petition on that site based solely on their personal opinion. They will link ZERO official statistics, no reputable referances, no peer reviewed facts, no solid evidence what so ever.
Secondly, the people who sign those petitions, do not read them a great deal of the time, they litteraly hop around the site, signing every and all they can because there is a popularity rateing on how active people are. It promotes a false sense of importance. When I first checked out change.org I took a look at some of the people listed on the front page and what they were signing. One had signed and anti exotics bill and then litteraly <because there are time stamps> twenty seconds later had signed the bill I was drawn to, supporting snakes as pets.
I can promise you, the people whom these petitions get sent to already know this and anything they get from change.org will likely carry NO weight at all in their desicion making.
I am, in now way, trying to discourage people from lobbying or fighting against these bills, but I would like to see your time and passions better spent doing somthing that might actualy be effective.
Go to USARKS pages and see what links they have to send letters to people who are activly involved in the bills, find out who YOUR senater is and write them a polightly worded, fact supported letter and invite them to speak with you on the matter. Thanks to the people in INdiana who took the time to do just that they are reconsidering their proposals and a personal friend of mine has been invited to give his input on how the matter should be handled because he has experience and knowledge.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!