What to put on info card? *edit 2/5- added show photos* - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 02-03-2012, 02:46 PM   #1
AbsoluteApril
What to put on info card? *edit 2/5- added show photos*

I'm going to help host a booth to promote reptile education and care with one of my local reptile soceities. I'm bringing a few animals and making info cards to put in front of each one.

So far I'm listing:
common name
latin name
native range
adult size
cage requirements

What else do you think I should include? Temperature requirements? oo maybe also life span
Thanks!
-April

Old 02-03-2012, 03:19 PM   #2
AbsoluteApril
this is what I have right now, I guess it looks fine like it is but if anyone thinks I should add more, let me know (and yes, I am using my own photos)
Attached Images

Old 02-03-2012, 03:21 PM   #3
AGoodwin
Care level (i.e. beginner, intermediate, expert)
Temperament may also be a good one to have.

Old 02-03-2012, 03:54 PM   #4
AbsoluteApril
care level - that's a great idea, thanks Amanda!
I'm going to leave off temperment only because the corn I'm bringing.. well she's a biter
(and is going to stay in her enclosure!)

Old 02-03-2012, 04:11 PM   #5
AGoodwin
Glad to be able to help.

Old 02-03-2012, 09:45 PM   #6
~Just Curious~
Maybe list their diet if you even think it needs to be said.
Or perhaps a fun fact about the animal if there's room? Something like "Also known as the red rat snake" or "Corns come in over ### different variations" or "Were named because the pattern on their belly resembles the kernels on indian corn" (Is that right? I forget...)

I think it looks good already though. Very neat, you did a great job!

Old 02-05-2012, 04:45 PM   #7
AbsoluteApril
thanks Autumn, I used some of those talking points during the show.

Our club had a great time, lots of people came up to the booth and got to touch a snake and/or lizard for the first time, lots of positive feedback; a few people gave us a wide berth... haha. I wore my USARK tshirt of course! A couple pics from the show, there are more at the link if anyone wants to check it out:
http://www.cvherpforums.org/cvhs-bay...tos-t1279.html

Our club founder Edgar brought his awesome purple albino retic, most of us took turns hanging out with her in front of the booth, she was big hit!

I walked over in front of the HSUS booth to show off how nice and friendly my corn was

Old 02-05-2012, 08:13 PM   #8
~Just Curious~
Glad you had fun! Cool pics too, looks like you guys had a lot of great animals on display. Made for an eye-catching booth!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteApril View Post
I walked over in front of the HSUS booth to show off how nice and friendly my corn was
HAH! Yeah, you show 'em!
lol but is Ruby the one you said was a biter? She seems so chill in the photos. XD

Wish I could have seen it! I really should look into a society near me.... *wanders off to check*

Old 02-05-2012, 11:41 PM   #9
AbsoluteApril
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Just Curious~ View Post
lol but is Ruby the one you said was a biter? She seems so chill in the photos. XD
haha no, the biter is Garnet who is a nice big normal. I decided to leave that one at home since Ruby would be a better 'ambassador'; she did great, had her out for almost the entire show (8 hrs).

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!