History of the Morphs - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-15-2004, 09:48 AM   #1
Tribal Gecko
Question History of the Morphs

Do any of you know the various history of the different morphs, such as when they where founded, offered to the market, initial costs, ect?

Old 05-15-2004, 10:10 AM   #2
thegeckobarn_DW
Well, I know that anything with the name Tremper attached to it came out of Boerne, TX.

~~Dusty

Old 05-15-2004, 01:04 PM   #3
robin d.
Quote:
anything with the name Tremper attached to it came out of Boerne, TX.
IM FROM BOERNE ORIGINALLY AND TREMPER IS DEFINATELY NOT ATTACHED TO MY NAME.......

Old 05-15-2004, 02:35 PM   #4
thegeckobarn
LoL Robin....are you sure? I was sure you were one of Ron's offspring, LOL..JK.

~Crystal Light

Old 05-15-2004, 04:42 PM   #5
thegeckobarn_DW
LoL Well, I never said that if it came out of Boerne that Tremper was attached to its name...

Just that if it's called Tremper whatever, it's from Boerne, since that's where Ron Tremper lives...

~~Dusty Windom

Old 05-18-2004, 06:01 PM   #6
diablohogs
sad how this topic never got answered. there are people who know... they just dont want to tell you.

i personally have no clue.

there are three strains of albino. they all aparently came from thier namesake around 1998 or so. i think.

one actual strain of hypo...which came from Ray Hines around 2000.

i think prehistoric pets came out with the blizzard lizard.

patternless... i have no clue. im guessing tim rainwater may have been the first to work with these... but thats just a guess.

giants came about around 2002 from ron tremper.

tangerines hitchhiked here on a comet from mars.

and normals were first discovered in pakistan under a rock in the mountains.

Old 05-18-2004, 06:41 PM   #7
thegeckobarn_DW
Some of my juniors actually researched this... Go here http://www.nisd.net/sciaca/Christensen/ and visit their websites, they're under 4th and 5th Blocks.. If none of these answer the questions, well, you might try going to their Works Cited and visiting the links there.

~~Dusty Windom

Old 05-18-2004, 08:11 PM   #8
chondrokeeper
according to...

Tremper in the original Leopard Gecko Manual, the patternless gene surfaced in 1991. I remember seeing my first picture of one in REPTILES mag around '95 (I even scanned in the image a while ago, see attached file at bottom). Most tangerine I believe are descendants from David Nieves. Note I say MOST, keyword there. I might be wrong. The first jungle occurred in 1994, with the stripe occuring in 94 or 95. Tremper developed these. Another Tremper creation was the reverse stripe, which popped out in 1997.

In 1996 the first albino was hatched. 2 brothers in CA produced it from WC's. Here's the interesting part, and Ron told me this in a phone conversation, the albino was a runt and female. The 2 CA brothers sold her and her het brother to Ron in '96 and the runt albino died in Ron's care. Basically Ron "rediscovered" the "Tremper" albino via the het brother through line breeding (cough, inbreeding). He also claims that the Rainwater strain came from the same group of 1996 WC's (basically implying that they are the same gene). Something I doubt since all albino strains are not compatable. The genetic odds are just not logical for 2 separate albino strains coming in from the same WC's, then again there's the Bell line. Kelli and Justyn know more regarding the Bell Line and how it originated. The Rainwater strain was first occurred in 1998, though there's rumors around it. 1998 would also be the same year that Ron probably rediscovered his "line".

The blizzards arose in 1999, if memory serves me right. Prehistoric Pets originated it.

Chris

Old 05-18-2004, 08:29 PM   #9
E2MacPets
I believe Rainwater purchased his albino as well? (which last I heard died of dehydration)

Old 05-18-2004, 08:30 PM   #10
lostkauze
Going off on a tangent... I see striped and reverse striped used, however I don't know the difference. I see pictures and I'm like yeah that makes sence, but I always forget and get them confused... any insight?

And also, wasn't there a 4th mystical strain of albinism. I think it started with an "A" something-er-other.... maybe someone knows more, we touched on it a while back, lemme try to find it.

Michael

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!