Anyone use Windows 7? I can't get into chat with it - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Miscellaneous > General Discussions

Notices

General Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to all topics not appropriate for the Miscellaneous sales, wanteds, or trade forums.

Old 05-27-2009, 09:51 PM   #1
Miss Tuniwha
Angry Anyone use Windows 7? I can't get into chat with it

So..

Hubby upgraded the computer to windows 7.. everything else works great

but I cannot enter chat here now..

He has already tried multiple kinds Java.. and nothing

Anyone else had this issue? or an idea of how to resolve it??

Keep in mind, He is a computer nerd for a living.. so I know it is not just me having a "brain fart"

thanks

Old 05-27-2009, 09:57 PM   #2
Uroboros
Grrrrr.

For a lot of Fauna, I have to enable Compatability Mode, is there anything like that in it? Is Fauna in your Trusted Sites? Is your Trusted Sites security level set to low?

GL, for now, we'll just enjoy the quiet.

:P

HURRY BACK DAMMIT!

I should also add to try Firefox. Perhaps IE is retarded.

Old 05-27-2009, 10:00 PM   #3
Miss Tuniwha
We only use firefox..

Old 05-27-2009, 10:04 PM   #4
Miss Tuniwha
ok..

so.. just for the sake of trying, we tried in explorer. and got in.. *shrugs*

Old 05-28-2009, 01:39 AM   #5
WebSlave
Windows 7? Isn't that still a test release? Heck, most of Microsoft's RELEASED and supposedly stable software doesn't run worth a damn, and you are using test versions? From what I have been able to determine, most people consider Windows in all it's iterations to be beta release software.....

One of my first revelations about Microsoft as a software developer was when I bought a BASIC compiler from them. The manual was hilarious. There were many MANY warnings scattered all through it stating that results were unpredictable if very strict syntax rules weren't followed. I think they must have hired programmers that never heard of error trapping in their code.

The next major milestone was in one later version of Windows where they claimed that they had finally fixed the infamous BLACK SCREEN OF DEATH. In that instance, they changed the screen color to BLUE when your system died.

Old 05-28-2009, 04:08 AM   #6
Fangthane
Thumbs up I'm diggin' Windows 7 so far..

I have a dual-boot setup with Vista Home Premium 32 bit and Windows 7 64 bit. It's been running pretty stable and smooth so far with only casual use. 7 seems to have better network handling capabilities. I consistantly get faster download and page loading speeds than I get with Vista.

I like how compatible it is with virtualization. When I boot up now it automatically takes me to Windows Boot Manager where I can choose which operating system to load. With Vista/XP dual boot I always had to enter BIOS and manually select which HDD to boot up. I partitioned off 100Gb on my Windows 7 HDD and I'm going to install Ubuntu to see how well the 3 of them interact.

Old 05-28-2009, 11:41 AM   #7
Miss Tuniwha
H'okay...

so.. yes windows 7 is still in "test mode" and so far, its working out GREAT.. the ONLY drawback I have had is getting into chat

here is a good article about windows 7 from maximum pc

http://www.maximumpc.com/article/fea...with_windows_7

read and enjoy. ^_^

Old 05-29-2009, 10:55 PM   #8
Tiger Lilly
grumble, grumble * I HATE CHANGE * especially when it come to WINDOWS...

Old 05-29-2009, 11:45 PM   #9
Miss Tuniwha
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Lilly View Post
grumble, grumble * I HATE CHANGE * especially when it come to WINDOWS...
Well Troi..

as a few people have recently been pointing out here.. lol

I DO have OCD..

I do NOT like change.. I get into arguments with the hubby all of the time, because he will show me something that will make whatever it is I am doing, WAY easier and faster

and I usually decline.

but why? it makes no sense NOT to he says..

cuz its not my "routine"

thats why

LOL

Over all I am really liking the windows 7.. its just a matter of getting used to where they are moving my commonly used items and such

Old 05-30-2009, 11:33 AM   #10
Tiger Lilly
I don't see it myself, but people are always telling me I have OCD, as well.
Just because I arrange my groceries in the cart a certain way, DOES THAT MAKE ME A BAD PERSON?
You should've seen me when WINDOWS 3.1 became a thing of the past...and I was working in I.T. at the time!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!