For Sale Vietnamese black breasted leaf turtle - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Other For Sale/Wanteds Classifieds > Turtles/Tortoises

Notices

Old 11-01-2016, 09:48 PM   #11
Bone Daddy
I get it. I've had my go at spengleri and species like galbs in the mid 90's...
I'm just saying that some people have kept them alive and bred over the years. I knew a guy that bred hardella for years but he never sold or wrote a book.
Every fly river and japonica is/was illegally imported at some point, so were bearded dragons and crested geckos.

Old 11-01-2016, 10:07 PM   #12
CaptainSpaulding
We are on the same page, I think for sure. I remark all the time about japonica as well and always use the comparison to Bearded Dragons. But japonica came in mostly more than 15 years ago, and Bearded Dragons in the 80s or whatever it was via Hank Molt.

This is happening now. Right now. At a time when animal rights advocates and lawmakers are more educated than ever and when turtles are in a worse position than ever. We have a chance to show that we deserve to have these opportunities to work with animals for their good as well as ours! Not just openly exploit them. Eyes re on us. If fish and wildlife see this, and know that no legal spengleri came into the US in the last five years, your boy just admitted that these are smuggled. Good luck getting these when you need a CBW because they get listed on the ESA. Know what I mean?

And good luck getting your money back when they die because they've been living on paper towels, in an aquarium, being kept by someone who knows little about them. And even if the person knows plenty about them, they are a smuggled version of one of the most difficult to acclimate species ever, and if being sold under false pretenses, is just not good business.

I respect your opinions and appreciate the opportunity to have a public discussion. I hope this helps us all better understand the intricacies involved with this and many of our favorite species.

I respect this species too much not to raise these points, though.

Old 11-01-2016, 11:23 PM   #13
AbsoluteApril
Warning: The classifieds is NOT the place for this discussion.

Old 11-02-2016, 10:17 AM   #14
Mighty J
Dear Captain Spaulding, a point of correction please. IN 2002 eleven G japonica were imported into the US and cleared. I have a copy of that 3-177 -) Please do not assume that ALL the japonica in the US were smuggled in.

Old 11-02-2016, 04:14 PM   #15
CaptainSpaulding
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty J View Post
Dear Captain Spaulding, a point of correction please. IN 2002 eleven G japonica were imported into the US and cleared. I have a copy of that 3-177 -) Please do not assume that ALL the japonica in the US were smuggled in.
I didn't say all japonica, did I? Can't find where I did. Actually, the best public information on how many came in comes from a CITES Report from 2013 or so that cites a turtle forum.com conversation, of all things.

Best thing to do is just get first hand info from people like you and Cris who actually lived this.

Old 11-04-2016, 02:36 AM   #16
anchiii
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainSpaulding View Post
Thank you for getting involved in a conversation you know nothing about. I wrote a book on the species and have done quite a bit of research on the subject. Please feel free to do the same, then decide who should and shouldn't comment. This species IS being smuggled into the country RIGHT NOW, and I am sorry, but that matters to me. All I asked was for proof because it is common knowledge among informed people that this is a big deal.

I have watched this site, multiple times a day for 10 years, and have never said a thing. Unlike much of what you might be referring to, I waited until I really knew what I was talking about before I spoke up. And even then, despite my frustrations, I tried to keep things constructive and asked questions that the seller easily could have asked to show his knowledge so that potential buyers, like myself and the public, could get to know this seller and the animals a bit more.

He didn't answer. Point made. Congrats on the sale.

I welcome you, him, or any of you to talk spengleri any time you like. One day our hobby might be taken away because of how bad we look in classifieds. We chose turtles, and therefor need to care about their future and not our wallets. I really feel for and worry about anyone who doesn't agree.

*link removed - Nick*

Lastly, anyone being spengleri right now needs to get in touch with folks who know how to properly medicate, tube feed and otherwise acclimate the species. This is an issue right now. I have not heard of a legal importation of spengleri in the last 5 years. So be careful. These are the things we all need to be cognizant of, to protect ourselves and the turtles we love.

Thanks everyone, especially fauna classifieds for providing the opportunity for us to help each other out.
What's the name of the book and where can I buy it ?

Old 08-22-2021, 04:38 PM   #17
kyawthuthein7777
Inquiry for the black breasted leaf turtle

Do you still have those black breasted leaf turtle? I am interested . please let me know

Old 08-22-2021, 05:12 PM   #18
V675210
I have 2 pairs and they have lay eggs there are cb out there but prices are high

Old 08-23-2021, 11:21 AM   #19
V675210
Clarification on my message. The reason I said that I have 2 pairs it’s not to sell them or any of the offsprings. I just wanted to comment that they are not hard to reproduce to be honest I had struggle in the beginning on the correct temperature for incubation on the eggs. Again I’m not selling any of the offsprings or pairs . There is no money on the planet that would convince otherwise.

Old 08-23-2021, 12:01 PM   #20
HoosierTorts
Listing was from 2016….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!