Husbandry of human offspring? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 05-18-2010, 07:17 PM   #11
Iguanachic
Here are two prime specimens I have considered offering up. Both have all toes and nails but neither has a tail The bigger one keeps a messy cage and the little one bites. As you can see they can be handled if you get a good grip. As interesting as they are I think I will be ready to let them go in 15-20 years. Inquire for prices
Attached Images

Old 05-18-2010, 08:19 PM   #12
Melinda
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iguanachic View Post
Here are two prime specimens I have considered offering up. Both have all toes and nails but neither has a tail The bigger one keeps a messy cage and the little one bites. As you can see they can be handled if you get a good grip. As interesting as they are I think I will be ready to let them go in 15-20 years. Inquire for prices
lol! I prefer my critters without tails. Being tail-whipped in the face hurts. They are both great specimens. I am interested in the little one. I don't mind biters.

Old 05-18-2010, 08:23 PM   #13
Iguanachic
I think we'll have to ship him via Delta.

Old 05-18-2010, 08:48 PM   #14
crissabella
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iguanachic View Post
They are adorable!!!!

Old 05-18-2010, 08:51 PM   #15
Iguanachic
Thank you!

Old 05-18-2010, 08:57 PM   #16
kmarsh
Love all the humor there. You guys are the best.
As mom of now 19 year old twin girls, YOU can survive but beleive me it is easier when they are little for sure. Of course double everything especially the tequilla. Craigslist is your best friend as a Uncle of twins. Babies and kids hardly wear anything out unless its been passed around alot. ( also can find some good deals on critters of the scaled kind from time to time too ) You will do fine and hey just love them as much as you do your reptilian friends and they will do just fine. If I can help holler up at me.

Old 05-18-2010, 10:23 PM   #17
Melinda
Quote:
As mom of now 19 year old twin girls,

I only had one and I've lost most of my marbles.

Old 05-19-2010, 12:02 AM   #18
StrictlyExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by polasian View Post
There has been a lot of talk about these creatures lately, so the following info that I've gathered, as well as the input that I hope to receive, is for Christine's(crissabella) benefit, as well as mine.

Scientific name - Homo sapiens
Common name - Children, Devil Spawn (also occasionally referred to as..."That ain't mine")

I've dealt with many animals, yet I'm not acquainted with these creatures (not in their early stages of life). Soon, however, I will be met with the challenges of caring for these (as an occasional babysitter). First off, let me give you some background info...

The breeders are from different localities...the sire is German, and the dam (my sister) is Polish (no one-liners, please!) The dam is currently 23 weeks into the gestation period. She has been put on an diet of peanut butter and bananas. For the most part, she does not regurgitate too often.
I am sure the Polazi's will be great and fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by polasian View Post
The sire has shown an increased level of stress. He paces back and forth within his enclosure, and I've started noticing bald patches on his head. I initially believed this to be the bird equivalent of feather plucking, yet my research into this matter showed no correlation between the two.

From what I've read...human offspring have no musk glands, yet they do emit a rather strong odor. They bark like geckos, but are not necessarily nocturnal. They will also voice a scratching-at-the-chalkboard-like hissing noise...(great defense mechanism, by the way). They produce an overwhelming amount of urates and feces. Fortunately they do not have the tools necessary to inflict major damage from biting. However, they are aggressive and tend to dislodge their cage furniture and throw it (with surprisingly great force) at anything that approaches.

They're omnivores and their diet consists of...well...anything they can get their paws on. They've even been known to enjoy supplements of plastic legos. Apparently they are terrestrial, yet in later years, they will believe themselves to be arboreal and climb up anything that is within reach.

Based on my research, I've come to the conclusion that they are no different than rabid monkeys. I'll be honest...I'M TERRIFIED!!! And, as it turns out, the dam will be producing TWO of these creatures . So...can anyone let me know the proper techniques in Devil Spawn husbandry? Such information will come in handy when I babysit...and will be greatly appreciated by myself and Christine (I'm sure).
Nicky, dont stress, you are the uncle. When they cry, give em back to mommy. When they defecate, give em back to mommy. When mommy and daddy turn their backs, give em TONS of candy. Hell, give em TONS of sugar RIGHT before they go home to mommy and daddy. When they want to move in, RUN!

Spoil em like only you know you would. Love them like they are the ONLY
one(s) in the world. Youll be fine. Just treat em the same way you treat people on Fauna and you wont go wrong.

Old 05-19-2010, 01:39 AM   #19
Helenthereef
And if it doesn't work out, you you can always list them as trades.........

Old 05-19-2010, 01:41 AM   #20
StrictlyExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helenthereef View Post
And if it doesn't work out, you you can always list them as trades.........
Dturner tried to trade me his kids once

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
homo sapiens, husbandry