Don't spend my money!! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 06-12-2003, 07:43 PM   #1
MR_Jungle_Mist
Angry Don't spend my money!!

Why is it people feel the need to spend my money?

I'm going to let y'all in on the intricate workings of an online transaction. This is only an example, so there will be some differences on how your transactions will go, specifically.

Initial contact - This is the point where the animal (products as well, but going to use the word 'animal') is seen, and Mr. Buyer has an interest in what is represented. At this point, Mr. Buyer contacts Mr. Seller and asks for more detail, more description, and quite possibly some photos.

Negotiation - After the initial contact, Mr. Seller and Mr. Buyer are now communicating, by phone or email, and are resolving details of any possible TRANSACTION. At this stage, Mr. Buyer tells Mr. Seller that he's interested in the animal, and is ready to make a transaction. In this case, we'll exchange money for the animal. Mr. Seller agrees to the transaction, and so the transaction begins. Price is negotiated and agree upon, shipping terms are agreed upon, and guarantees, if any, are agreed upon.

TRANSACTION STARTS

Transfer of Funds - Mr. Buyer transfers money in any possibilities of ways to Mr. Seller. He can send a PayPal, Check, Cashiers Check, Money Order, Credit Card number, wire (bank) transfer, Western Union, or Candy Gram.

Acceptance of Funds - Mr. Seller gets the funds, verifies that the amount is correct and holds them. PayPals stay in the PayPal account, Checks are cleared, Cashiers Checks/MO are held or deposited, CC's are run, Western Unions funds are verified, and Candy Grams are accepted gracefully.

Animal Shipping - Mr. Seller sends the animal off as discussed (See Negotiation) and Mr. Seller now sits back to wait and hear from Mr. Buyer.

Animal Receipt - Mr. Buyer gets the animal in, opens the box, examines the animal, and then contacts Mr. Seller to tell him the animal arrived fine and is looking good or at least as promised.

END OF TRANSACTION

Post transaction - At this point, Mr. Buyer owns a new snake. He may do as he wishes with it. Breed it, resell it, keep it as a pet, let it loose in the office, trade it for a Harley Davidson, etc etc. Mr. Seller can buy more animals, stock up on reptiles accessories, buy a new Harley Davidson, etc etc.

THE SELLER IS NOT, IN ANY WAY, SHAPE OR FORM, SUPPOSED TO USE THE MONEY AS HE SEES FIT UNTIL AFTER THE TRANSACTION IS COMPLETE!

If Mr. Buyer is UNHAPPY with the animal, if Mr. Buyer receives something that was not discussed, or if Mr. Buyer finds an animal that is in any way different than discussed during the negotiation part, then MR. BUYER IS ENTITLED TO A FULL REFUND AS SOON AS HE RETURNS THE ANIMAL!

Sellers ======> IT IS NOT YOUR MONEY UNTIL AFTER THE BUYER HAS ACCEPTED THE ANIMAL AND HAS AGREED THAT THE TRANSACTION HAS GONE AS DISCUSSED!

Do NOT go out and spend the money right when you get it!
Do NOT deal with the funds in any way where they can no longer be returned immediately!
Do NOT start giving excuses to the buyer as to why you can't refund the money right then and there!

That's pretty much all I have to say. Well, not really, but it would just be more CAPITAL letter typing, more underlined text and more repetition.

Thanks...I'll go back to fuming silently now.

Old 06-13-2003, 03:01 PM   #2
Darin Chappell
ABSOLUTELY!!!! I agree 100%!!!

(how's that for use of underlining, caps, etc?)

I'm telling you, you can't be messing around with us Ozark-type people!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!