Jungle Carpet Python Help - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Arboreal Boas/Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-23-2012, 12:10 PM   #1
RiotRasta
Jungle Carpet Python Help

The first JCP i bought off of CL is a very very VERY aggressive snake, and it has muddy yellows, i wanted to know if i could even get her to breed without killing everything that enters the tank, could i possibly breed out the muddy yellows if paired with a quality male or would it just be better just to invest in another pair

Old 08-23-2012, 01:46 PM   #2
Pythonbreeder99
Aggression doesn't necessarily mean she won't breed. But, if she is poor enough quality where her colors will transfer to the babies and they would in turn be poor quality I personally wouldn't breed her. Is she cage aggressive or all around nasty? Just towards people or everything?

Old 08-23-2012, 02:00 PM   #3
hhmoore
I probably wouldn't bother breeding her - it would take a few generations of selective breeding to get animals that consistently produce nice looking JCPs (assuming that that is your goal). It's a fun project, but a time consuming one.

Old 08-23-2012, 02:33 PM   #4
RiotRasta
shes all around nasty shes really cage aggressive, and when you get her out she doesnt stop lunging closed mouth and if u sat her down and leave for for atleast 30 secs shes just as aggressive as she is in her own cage, she'll eat the S$**% out of anything , she'll even eat another mouse before shes completely swallowed her first mouse, i usually feed her one med rat one week and three regular mice the next fyi not really related to the main issue but yea i dont think ill try to breed it

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!