Nile Monitor Setup? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 06-14-2007, 07:42 PM   #1
Walrus
Nile Monitor Setup?

I just got a Nile Monitor. He is sitting in his huge enclosure right now burrowing himself. I have yet to get the temps and the humidity and all that up to specs. Just thought I would ask if anybody has one and if they do I was wondering what types of setups they have for them. I was thinking of maybe having one warming pad beneath the enclosure that way when he burrows he can get to it. But as I think about it in the wild this wouldn't be natural. I'm going to set up a row of lights above his cage and tweak the temps for basking above the burrowing soil but I have a feeling he will be spending a lot of his time burrowed. So I thought I would ask what type of set up anybody else has. Thanks.

Old 06-14-2007, 07:59 PM   #2
FloridaHogs
Wait, wait, wait.......first it was BP's, then some unknown turtle, and now a Nile Monitor?????????????

Old 06-14-2007, 08:06 PM   #3
Walrus
Excuse me?

I'm sorry you got the wrong guy......

Old 06-14-2007, 08:14 PM   #4
FloridaHogs
Hmmmm.......how many users go by the name Walrus and live in Washington? You posted the turtle question/pic on both forums, you are the same person. I can provide links if you would like. You also asked for the identity of your cameleon on the other forum as well.

http://www.alexhuereptiles.com/forum...035#post152035

http://www.alexhuereptiles.com/forum...ad.php?t=16952

http://www.alexhuereptiles.com/forum...ad.php?t=17018

http://www.alexhuereptiles.com/forum...ad.php?t=16990

Still think I have the wrong guy?

Old 06-14-2007, 08:46 PM   #5
Walrus
Yeah?

Hi I"m not sure what your point is but I enjoy talking with people and while not entirely new to reptiles I'm pretty new to these forums. I wish you well. Peace

Old 06-14-2007, 09:13 PM   #6
FloridaHogs
My point is that you seem to have a trend of purchasing first, and then figuring out how to take care of them. Kinda seems a little backwards.

Old 06-14-2007, 10:20 PM   #7
jsrocket
Wally, you are obviously a liar, and not a very good one, thankfully.

If you do, in fact, even have these animals, there is plenty of info. online about their basic care. It's called GOOGLE.

You might wanna do a little research yourself.

If you truly enjoy online interaction, you are off to a bad start.

Truthfully, I hope you really don't have these animals, because I feel sorry for any that are in your charge.

Old 06-14-2007, 10:30 PM   #8
jsrocket
For those reading, here's another thread to fill in some missing spaces:

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...522#post521522

Old 06-15-2007, 03:35 AM   #9
Walrus
Hey you don't know me. I don't know you

You really have no clue who I am and neither do I you. You heard somethign from somebody who I asked on another forum to kindly keep their opinions to themselves. Well I guess it so happened that that individual was well connected in this forum world and he easily turned the public opinion against me. If that is what you wish to do here I would ask why? In all honesty I tried to be as cordial as I could but people were taking potshots on an online forum when there really was no need. I don't mind if you ignore my questions or ignore my threads all together. Just don't go off beleiving everything you hear. In all honesty I'm a nice guy. I'm not even sure if all this time wasted trying to explain myself on here is worth all this. I feel that my questions are valid and I don't think there is anything wrong with wanting to learn more. Isn't that what forums are for learning? It seems on some of them though they are being run by groups of individuals kind of an online turf war. Its funny I never thought I would see such childish behaviour. I tried to give the last forum one last chance by asking about my turtle and I got lambasted so I left them. So now I"m here learning and seeing what other animals and pets people have. I think your probably actually a decent individual if you choose to ignore me thats great I got no beef. Just leave me be and I'll let you be. If you wish for more explanation perhaps I can give that too. But don't go off calling me a liar okay. Take care.

Old 06-15-2007, 09:40 AM   #10
FloridaHogs
Wally, you say people took potshots at you on the other forum. They only did that after you refused to answer simple questions and seemed to skirt around some issues. Wally, we asked those questions to better answer the original one. Some things are just necessary to answer the question like temperatures ambient and the hot spot? The setup in detail....substrate, hides, water, etc...? You did not want to answer the detail, but expected us to answer the question. I will state again, you need to know how to take care of the animals, BEFORE you bring them home.

"You heard somethign from somebody who I asked on another forum to kindly keep their opinions to themselves. "

I am not the person whom you asked to "not respond to your threads", that was John. You never once asked me to "butt out". I am also a she, not a he. You say turf wars and childish behavior.....that is a joke. Yes, we had some fun at your expense, but only after you wasted our time by refusing to answer simple questions and slamming the advice we gave you. I have never met anybody who thought a $10 digital themometer w/probe was "fancy gagetry" for a snake until you. As I stated in the PM I sent you, I do not doubt that you love your animals, or you would not be asking questions now. I do doubt that your animals are getting the best care. Reptiles often mask symptoms of illness until it is too late. Just because your animals act "happy" does not mean they are healthy. You will find that out soon enough if you do not have the proper husbandry for each animal. For example......letting an aquatic/semi aquatic animal "run around your room" like a tortoise with access to a 5" pan of water. That turtle needs to be set up in the proper environment with a filtration system. Water quality is important for turtles....but then you might consider that fancy gagetry.......it cost more than $10 to set it up properly. My 2 cents, and I am glad you find us so amusing.
Yes there are still nice people here, myself being one of them, but you have to be willing to accept advice and criticisim. They go hand in hand when asking about setups and husbandry.