Question about Parasites - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-05-2006, 03:32 PM   #1
a1littlesister
Question about Parasites

I noticed that one of my Beardies has loose stool...not like the normal and very smelly. I'm not sure which one it is. I'm gonna call my Vet and see if they will do a stool test for me tomorrow. My question is...Abbott and Costello are siblings and have been together all their life. Now do I need to sit watch and wait for each of them to go poop and take one for each of them or would one sample be enough thinking that if one has parasites they both probably do. The Vet is closed today so I'll have to call in the morning but this would be nice to know so I can have 2 bags handy and lots of time to wait...lol.
Thanks
Alexa

Old 10-05-2006, 03:41 PM   #2
Rebel Dragons
I would take separate samples. Even thought they live together they might have different levels in their systems. Different levels of parasites require different levels of medicine. You wouldn't want to be overdosing or underdosing one of them.

Make sure you bring a fresh sample. Best case scenario, put both of them in warm water right before you leave for the vets. As soon as you see them lift their tails to poop, scoop them out and let them poop on a paper towel or something. Bag the samples up, put the babies away and drive to the vet.

Old 10-05-2006, 04:20 PM   #3
a1littlesister
Thanks Mike, I just found out its not Costello...when I went in to check them he pooped and it looked normal..but still smells really bad. If they won't poop close together i'll just have to take one sample at a time tomorrow...Vets only about 9 miles away...now if they will only work with me on this and let me just pop in and drop off then go back and wait again...boy sounds like a fun day tomorrow...lol.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!