Liquidy head? *health issues* - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 12-21-2014, 02:57 PM   #1
XxBLUExX
Liquidy head? *health issues*

So my snake pancake is about to shed, she's in blue.
Well I noticed her head skin is wrinkly and loose when I press down on it it seems as though it's fluid filled???? I've never experienced this before.
I'm concerned?
Also I got a shot of the inside of her mouth, there isn't discharge I'm just wondering if the coloration is normal? Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 12-21-2014, 03:00 PM   #2
XxBLUExX

Old 12-21-2014, 03:00 PM   #3
XxBLUExX
I may be over reacting! <

Old 12-21-2014, 03:06 PM   #4
XxBLUExX
I guess I'm saying the top of her head and nose is overly squishy and honestly I've never really ventured so close to her head so I'm just concerned because it did look "loose"?
But she's acting normally?
Who knows I'll just keep an eye on her.

Old 12-21-2014, 04:33 PM   #5
chrisis697
I would just keep a eye on it but not be to concerned if shes acting normal. Ive had some babies eye caps seem to absord water from me spraying before shed. They are healthy tho. Good luck.
Chris

Old 12-21-2014, 05:06 PM   #6
XxBLUExX
Thanks for the quick response!
I'll keep an eye on her.
I'm always worrying lol

Old 12-21-2014, 08:57 PM   #7
Helenthereef
I don't see the shot of the inside of her mouth, but I'm inclined to go with Chris - they can all look a bit funny pre-shed. Remember they secrete liquid between the old shed and the new skin, that's what makes their eyes go cloudy.

I'd keep an eye on her and I bet it will pass once she sheds. If not, get back on here with more photos!

Good luck - everyone worries with their early snakes, and I don't think anyone on here minds questions - it shows you are paying attention!

Old 12-21-2014, 09:00 PM   #8
XxBLUExX
Her mouth shot is in the video I'll get some screens shots!
Thank you for the advice!

Old 12-21-2014, 09:02 PM   #9
XxBLUExX

Old 12-21-2014, 09:05 PM   #10
Helenthereef
Looks fine to me (But I'm not a BP expert - hope someone else will chime in).

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!