BIO-MITE by T-REX - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Consumer Reports

Notices

Consumer Reports Looking for, or want to leave feedback about a product? This is the place for that sort of info!

Old 02-05-2003, 08:21 AM   #1
HerpVenue
BIO-MITE by T-REX

I would write aup a complete report on this.
But why bother.
I will do a quick summary.

12-14 months ago a "perfect" animal infected my collection with mites. I went to the pet store and saw that BIO-MITE by T-rex was on sale.
16fl oz was on sale for only a dollar a bottle.

I bought everything they had. All 20-30 bottles.
I followed instructions. I sanitized and rinsed with scalding water all cages and accessories.

20-30 bottles later....... Mites are still there.

The stuff does not work.

So go ahead and check out my little report on black Knight.
Now THAT stuff works.

Old 02-05-2003, 09:30 AM   #2
sschind
Ritchie,

You found out the hard way. I guess thats why they were a dollar a bottle. I never bring in a line of products unless I try them first. If I don't have a mite problem I will bring in a bottle or two and give them to the first person/people who inquire about mite relief to get some feedback. If it doesn't work I won't get more. Obviously the store got caught up in a big promotion of a product that they saw big potential from. They overbought, found out the crap didn't work and dumped it on an unsuspecting customer rather than properly dispose of the product and write it off.

The only mite relief product I stock is the new reptile relief product(see earlier thread) I have had mixed results but it has worked for me once, and others have had good luck with it. I have yet to see a product by any of the popular pet supply companies that are commonly available that work. That includes trex, zoo med, hagen, tetra and several others. I don't stock provent a mite or black knight because my customers can buy it at the same price I can online, and I tell them that.

thanks for adding more evidence to my "that crap don't work file"

Steve Schindler

Old 02-09-2003, 12:11 AM   #3
HerpVenue
Quote:
thanks for adding more evidence to my "that crap don't work file"
Hey...I am happy when I am able to help in some way.

You are welcome..
and I am sure you would do the same for us..

Old 02-14-2003, 06:04 PM   #4
John Apple
Ritchie.. Steve
Hey guys as many times as you have heard me say this stuff works
try Diatomaceous Earth this stuff works without chemicals

Old 02-25-2003, 03:51 AM   #5
sputnik
QUARANTINE YOUR ANIMALS... IT REALLY IS WORTH IT!

Hello Ritchie,

To avoid mite issues! It really makes good practice to quarantine all new arrivals regardless of who you got them from....some of these new arrivals may also be blood sucking mites!

A spare aquarium comes in handy for new reptiles, spray them with black knight... forget T-rex (the name doesn't always mean squat!) and do the follow up sprayings to kill eggs.

It only takes one female "egg loaded" mite to infect your whole collection.

Don't hold new arrivals in any wooden caging, mites will disappear between the gaps and lay eggs inside you cages!

Scott Collien

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!