Help me help this snake - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-09-2013, 07:56 PM   #11
PlatinumRosePythons
Quote:
Originally Posted by Widabeck View Post

Mice - I don't want to feed live to mine because I was afraid of the mice harming my animal and everyone assured me it's fine and they won't harm the snake. The guy at the pet store told me it would be fine and if after a few days he hasn't eaten them, then remove them. I also put a little bit of mouse food in there after the first night.

Again, The only thing I can do if read and talk to other people. Nobody becomes and expert overnight. And I don't appreciate being talked to like I'm not doing my best to learn and do the right thing.
One thing I learned VERY quickly in life is to never trust pet store workers. Most of them couldn't care less about you or your pet and don't know crap about exotics. You are seriously lucky those mice didn't gang up on your snake and kill him. Google rodent attacks on snakes- it ain't pretty. He's probably still not feeling well which is why he's not eating. You need to let him rest and get better before feeding him. He's probably also stressed. His enviornment has done a 360 overnight and he had two mice running around his cage for 3 days. I had a snake that went off feed for a week because I gave her a larger hide. Ball pythons are sensitive like that. As long as he's of good body weight he should be fine with some skipped meals.

Old 04-09-2013, 08:02 PM   #12
PlatinumRosePythons
Also, 2 mice aren't the same as a rat to the snake. I have a IJCP that won't touch rats but goes after mice immediately and a BP girl that has recently turned away from regular rats and now only want african soft furred rats. Welcome to the world of feeding snakes!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!