Caramel Albino - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-06-2013, 09:00 PM   #11
NIGRO51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadera View Post
Not kinks, massive amounts of slugs vs. good eggs.

Anyhow, good luck.
You may have just broken my little heart

Old 04-06-2013, 09:04 PM   #12
RoyalPythonPros
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadera View Post
Not kinks, massive amounts of slugs vs. good eggs.

Anyhow, good luck.
Yea, I saw about that too. I know people that had great clutches and some that came out all slugs. The only way to tell is to breed her next season and see what happens. Just want to add a little more size to her. Plus I have a bunch of het caramels too so should at least get some good eggs out of them!

Old 04-06-2013, 10:45 PM   #13
NorthernRegius.com
Regular Albino females at one time also had productivity issues. I have taken pains to out breed with 3 different strains of Albino in the hopes of producing homozygous girls who won't slug out. I'll know next year if all the time & work has paid off.

Recessive are genes initially line-bred more to prove out the trait & while this can re-enforce good traits it also brings out weaknesses. As we out breed this should help especially if we are working from a wider group of unrelated WC T+ animals.

Old 04-07-2013, 11:05 AM   #14
CornNut
I had never heard about issues with regular albino females (of course I was many years into my caramel project before I heard about either issue with that gene). Was it slugs? I'm hoping for eggs from my first albino girl this year ...

Old 04-07-2013, 11:57 AM   #15
NorthernRegius.com
Hey Randy,
I think I may have shared with you that Albinos was my 1st morph. So this was right at 2001-2002 & I was using a het pair initially. I had mentioned to folks about my goal of ultimately breeding a homozygous pair. It was strongly recommended that I use homozygous male to het females. At that time we still were mostly all Clark strain Albinos out there... and since then we've had other breeders bring in other WC Albinos.

From what I gathered back then, it was slug issues & smaller clutches.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!