split decision - what morph? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-09-2013, 09:11 AM   #1
TexasVipRoom
split decision - what morph?

I am looking at either adding the vanilla or the fire gene to my current collection. What do you guys think about these genes and which one would you go with?

Old 04-09-2013, 09:48 AM   #2
Focal
Depends on your end goal. I wanted to recommend a vanilla, but if you aren't looking for a super combo, I'd go with fire. I think you will see more combos go quicker with a super vanilla gene than a super fire combo. Vanilla isn't really that exciting if you plan on mixing it with other genes unlike fire. Either way, you cant go wrong starting with supers.

Old 04-09-2013, 11:00 AM   #3
Kingofspades
Pick up a vanilla creme male and you have added both.

Old 04-09-2013, 11:06 AM   #4
radera5
Luke's idea is a good one, but if I had to pick just one I would take a nice Fire.
Fires right now are like Butters a few months back (and still today...) they make everything better. They lighten everything up and the super is awesome.

I also agree with Nick though, it ALWAYS depends on what YOUR goals are.

As long as you pick up a great example, either one will be nice for you.

Good luck!!

Old 04-09-2013, 11:10 AM   #5
Ballpythonsnakes
I'd go fire, I try to mix fire into everything. It really brightens and cleans up most morph combos. Vanilla makes awesome combos to, but Fire is the way I would go. Or like Luke said vanilla creme...

Old 04-10-2013, 05:59 PM   #6
TexasVipRoom
well hmm split decision...... maybe both! I really appreciate the input. I am working on figuring out which way to go but may just end up picking up both if they look good and are worth it.

Old 04-12-2013, 03:36 PM   #7
JustChad04
I would have to agree with going with fire.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!