Stupid Neighbors - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 12-24-2005, 02:35 PM   #1
Junkyard
Stupid Neighbors

I cannot tell you how annoying it is when some who has owned a reptile once, thinks they need to tell me that I do not know what I am doing. We have a new neighbor who has just informed me that I need to let my two baby bearded dragons free roam my house. I even told him I own 3 cats, but he infomed me that the beardies will defend themselves against the cats. Sorry, but cats are hunters and the beardies are about 7-8 inches head to tail. If the loose mouse was not able to escape, the beardies do not have a chance. We have one cat that is the best when it comes to hunting anything, we count on him to catch any loose feeders we have running around.

Some peoples children!!! I got into an argument with this dude and he could not even tell me were beardies originate from. I need a bigger house with a lot of land surrounding it so I do not have to talk interact with these people anymore.

Old 12-24-2005, 02:52 PM   #2
PaulSage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkyard
I need a bigger house with a lot of land surrounding it so I do not have to talk interact with these people anymore.
I could not agree with you more. I miss the country a LOT. You still have neighbors, but at least they're farther away. Some day I want to live in the middle of nowhere with a 2-mile long driveway and be surrounded by 1,000 acres of trees. Some people seem to exist with the sole purpose of causing conflict and trying to make others miserable when they should really be worried about improving their own lives instead of leeching onto others.

If I liked people, I'd raise those instead of reptiles.

Old 12-24-2005, 03:33 PM   #3
Lucille
Michael,

My neighbors and I have lived on the same one block cul de sac for over 20 years. Not one of them even knows I have a reptile.
I like them OK, and we all watch out for each other against strangers; and in times of need, when there is hurricane damage and so on, I am out there helping, but my personal life is my life.

From time to time one or another will offer advice on things they see and sometimes, it is good advice like for yard stuff.
But if it isn't, I nod pleasantly and go on. I won't spend my time arguing.

I feel your frustration and I would feel the same if someone was trying to give me stupid advice like that. There is no question but that a beardie would be a snack for most cats.

A pleasant nod, while murmuring something like 'you don't say?', and then never let the guy on your property again. My two cents.

Old 12-24-2005, 09:53 PM   #4
old guy
This IS the reason that

we do and have carved out a living and home in country for the past 12 years. But still, if one finds out that you have herps ( in my case snakes and hots ) still.........................i have the locals driving up to give me snakes, tell me they have rattlers in the hay, we have water moccasins where we live ( of course we don't ), and of course any snake is a copperhead even if it is red stripped ! LOL ! Merry Christmas all.

Old 12-25-2005, 04:02 AM   #5
Junkyard
Lucille, excellent advice! I will take it and hopefully remember to use if I am in the situation again. I have always been respectful to not tell others how to live their lives, unless they ask for advice.

This guy just straight out told me I need to let my beardies run free, he did not even ask what size the cages are. Though I think the 4 foot long they are in is more than enough space for these two babies to run around in.

({({Thought Bubble})})Yep, a few acres of land and a big 800 square foot reptile room, perfect!

Old 12-25-2005, 11:35 AM   #6
Tim Cole
Now I remember

why we put up a 6.5 ft privacy fence! We live on 2 acres with the snakes in their own building and turtle pens and cattle tanks all over the property. It's nice not to worry about nosy neighbors.

Old 12-25-2005, 02:48 PM   #7
critical bill
Even with the peace of mind and quiet lifestyle I have now....those darn Jehovah's witness's still keep pulling up my freekin driveway. They are on a mission from God I tell ya...and now so am I. I'm going to put up a no trespassing sign that clearly states trespassers will be shot and survivors shot again. No solicitation signs don't seem to apply to JW's. I've about had it with the knocks at the door scaring the crap out of me at 8:30am, and waking my kids on occasion even earlier. The kicker is that my dog tries to eat them every time they show up at my door. I'm certain they think they are fearless servants of God, but my dog thinks God is serving him up a free meal or leg to gnaw on. I really hate having to fight the dog at the front door to keep from getting out and killing the person trying to sell me something I was not interested in to begin with.

Once when I asked them not to come to house uninvited annoying me anymore with little paper bibles, the JW asked me if Jesus would also need an invitation. I said no, but if he was staying for dinner he could bring the fish, wine, and Tums. I slammed my door so loud I thought I blew her off my deck.

Old 12-26-2005, 01:08 PM   #8
GuinnyOne
haha, Bill...next time they show up, answer the door in your underwear with your dog's leash tied around your neck, holding a bull whip, and wearing lipstick....they might leave you alone then! <----these work too.

Kelly <who married an ex JW>

Old 12-26-2005, 03:54 PM   #9
Junkyard
Or paint your body red, have a shotgun over your shoulder and a chainsaw in hand.

Old 12-28-2005, 07:19 PM   #10
A_Kendergirl
OOOORRR....

You could say "Yes, Jesus WOULD need an invite, but Satan practically has his own key! MUHAHAHAHA"

Eric once told them that he worshiped Satan and he was the supreme ruler. They were mortified and never came back.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!