FedEx or UPS for shipping? You Tell Me.. - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 12-02-2008, 12:26 PM   #11
Clay Davenport
I quit using DHL when they became DHL. They were Airborne Express previously and I used them for a few years but when DHL took over they were giving a few shippers a hard time and I quit using partially on principle and partially just to avoid the time when it would be my turn to have to go get a package at the hub because they not only refused to ship it but refused to return it as well.

I switched to FedEx and have had very good service form them. If they say they'll get it there by 10:30 they pretty much always do. To some areas they don't offer the 10:30 service but guarantee it by 4:30. Rarely is a package ever delivered that late and often even then it still arrives by 10:30.

That being said, you'll eventually have a problem whichever one you choose, and one service may be more reliable in one area but not another.
I've talked to some people who will never use FedEx because in their local area they are unreliable, and I've talked to others who feel the same way about UPS.

A word on USPS though. As was already stated, only a few herps are allowed to be shipped through them, but more importantly they ceased to guarantee overnight service to most areas a few years ago. Now they guarantee overnight based on the distance from the senders location. The radius that falls under that guarantee is not very big on a national scale. So if you are shipping relatively close by, meaning within state or to neighboring states, and you are shipping a legally shippable herp, then that service is a consideration, but if you're sending something half way across the country or further, then USPS will probably not have it there next day nor will they guarantee it.

Old 12-04-2008, 12:36 AM   #12
Ed Clark
Fedex priority overnite has been a reliable service for me.

Get certified to ship reptiles.

Old 12-08-2008, 07:31 PM   #13
backlash reptiles
Fedex is by far the best that is what I use and have had no problems (yet)

Old 01-11-2009, 02:59 AM   #14
Kaiyudsai
I;ve never had problems getting UPS shipments or fedex... but shipping UPS is tricky.... I am FEdEx certified and have had no problems

Old 01-11-2009, 04:36 AM   #15
bwaffa
Quote:
Originally Posted by crotalusadamanteus View Post
And I absolutely hate UPS, and wouldn't use them to ship an empty box.
Ditto here! I've never had anything but problems with UPS, and that's not even with live animals! I trust FedEx with my shipping. I've only had one animal arrive late with them...and it was only a few hours.

Old 01-15-2009, 12:31 AM   #16
John E Dove
I'm Fed Ex certified but if UPS ever came up with a certification and allowed snakes I'd use them because UPS is only 20 miles away where Fed Ex is over 160 miles round trip if I want over night shipping.

Old 01-15-2009, 06:49 AM   #17
crotalusadamanteus
Quote:
Originally Posted by John E Dove View Post
I'm Fed Ex certified but if UPS ever came up with a certification and allowed snakes I'd use them because UPS is only 20 miles away where Fed Ex is over 160 miles round trip if I want over night shipping.
Well, that's the thing. I know people who use UPS and never had a mishap. I on the other hand, get packages from them all the time, and without exaggeration, 8 out of 10 packages are damaged. Seems like some cities, UPS is a curse, while other cities seem to have somewhat ethical practices.

Just not a chance I want to have to deal with, when sending a live animal.

Old 01-17-2009, 09:13 PM   #18
TriangleReptiles
FedEx has been great for me....shipping and receiving. Always on time and in good shape.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!