Stand in Line to laugh at the idiot... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Arboreal Boas/Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-09-2010, 12:25 AM   #1
suzuki4life
Stand in Line to laugh at the idiot...

Fed my Biak tonight. Despite very accurate advice to use tongs and not my fingers I pinch a rat pink by the tail figuring I have plenty of space between it and me.....

Anyone with an arboreal knows how this ends already and is shaking their head.

4 large puncture wounds on the tip of my middle finger that bled like a stuck pig. After a few choice words I located my tongs and the biak hit the pink very quickly.

I never said I was smart but hard headed is a given now.

Old 08-09-2010, 12:56 AM   #2
Helenthereef

Well, you asked for it (in both ways) - welcome to the club! However, to fully join the Bite Club, you must post pics of the holes.....

Old 08-09-2010, 01:00 AM   #3
Utta
be glad it was smaller!

Old 08-09-2010, 01:17 AM   #4
suzuki4life
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utta View Post
be glad it was smaller!
I actually thought that.

Old 08-09-2010, 01:33 AM   #5
Utta
A big female does that, you might wanna rethink hand feeding

Old 08-29-2010, 08:50 PM   #6
beto
Ha Ha, I did the same thing with my emerald once. She left a tooth in my thumb. Now I'm the poster child for careful.

Old 08-29-2010, 10:42 PM   #7
Miss Tuniwha
oh, arboreal or not.. snake owners know this. lol.. and with the bigger ones.. even using tongs doesn't guarantee your safety. I had it happen a couple of months ago. adult ball python.. I was using full tongs.. and she still managed to shoot passed the rat, passed the tongs, and get my forearm.. then wrapping.. oh that was a fun day *rolls eyes*

Old 10-15-2010, 04:47 PM   #8
jmcalister
welcome to the club! i took an adult amazon to the face opening an exo terra! i was looking for the female lol the male found me....

Old 10-15-2010, 05:04 PM   #9
Utta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Tuniwha View Post
oh, arboreal or not.. snake owners know this. lol.. and with the bigger ones.. even using tongs doesn't guarantee your safety. I had it happen a couple of months ago. adult ball python.. I was using full tongs.. and she still managed to shoot passed the rat, passed the tongs, and get my forearm.. then wrapping.. oh that was a fun day *rolls eyes*
My dwarf female retic bit and wrapped the tongs was rather strange.

Old 10-15-2010, 09:41 PM   #10
LauraB
Well, we's all idiots at some point ... herp love is sometimes idocy ... it's a good thing.

Last year, my son ran home hollering that there was a large Copperhead in the road and if I didn't help it, it would be run over. He had tried to "scare" it into the woods, but it didn't budge. (He likes snakes, but I've always emphasized not to mess with it unless you are sure it isn't hot. We have plenty of venomous stuff here)

We went down where, sure enough the pretty adult Hognose (not Copperhead) was basking in the road, just 5 ft. from the woods. I tried to encourage it to move with my foot, but it was too comfy, I guess.

I then reached down slowly to grab it behind the head ... that thing tagged me 5 times between my wrist and elbow in about 3 seconds and then slithered off into the woods, leaving me bleeding like I had a mortal wound.

Snake 1, human 0. (And I felt like a total idiot in front of my son ... but he did learn another valuable lesson! lol)

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!