Please send good wishes and prayers - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 06-26-2022, 11:31 PM   #21
Lucille
I am so very glad, that 24 days later, you are still alive and with us. And even have a little humor.

Old 06-27-2022, 01:12 AM   #22
WebSlave
Honestly, I don't trust people who have no sense of humor. Just so happens that I like to make people laugh. So perhaps people with no sense of humor don't trust me neither, BECAUSE of my sense of humor.

When I was in the catheter lab at the hospital, I tested the surgeon and a few other people there. I was able to make them all laugh, so I felt better about going into that surgery. Not sure why, though.

Of course, it does have drawbacks sometimes. When Connie was having some severe coughing spells, every time I made her laugh it made her cough even harder. I found it hard to stop myself, because I would do it without thinking.

But thank you for giving me that 24 day respite without rubbing my nose into the fact that I really should have listened to you. I know I deserved it.

Perhaps someday you son will think back about this snake bite thing and laugh about it. Pain is easy to forget about.

Old 07-10-2022, 04:02 PM   #23
Caryl
Oh gosh, Lucille!! I'm just reading this thread. So glad that you're son is healing. I know that it can be a long road. I hope things will work out financially. The American medical "system" is really absurdly organized and outrageously greedy. Rich is too right that it's entirely possible to lose everything and then some if a person doesn't have insurance. None of us want to tell the people we love "I told you so" as they enter the hospital or the bankruptcy court. Sorry, I'll hop off my soapbox. And I'm glad your son is getting better. Prayers for continued progress.

Sent from my SM-A716U1 using Tapatalk

Old 07-10-2022, 06:33 PM   #24
WebSlave
How is your son doing now, Lucille?

Old 07-11-2022, 07:33 AM   #25
Lucille
He is better thank you. He can use his hand again. He and the family are being more cautious.

Old 07-12-2022, 03:38 PM   #26
JColt
Glad to hear he is ok. Venom is a funny thing. I got stung by a yellowjacket a couple weeks ago on hand and it swelled so bad I thought skin was going to split. They gave me an antihistamine shot to help. Bee stings will just cause a slight welt and itching.

Old 07-12-2022, 07:10 PM   #27
WebSlave
Heck, since I have been on a blood thinner, bug bites are affecting me really badly lately. I have gotten what looks like blood blisters after the bites.

I would hate to get stung by a wasp, because I am not sure how that will affect me now.

As for a venomous snake bite, sheesh, I would probably just bleed out on the spot.

Old 07-15-2022, 01:44 PM   #28
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
He is better thank you. He can use his hand again. He and the family are being more cautious.
How did things work out with the hospital bill? Did that work out OK?

Old 07-15-2022, 05:32 PM   #29
Lucille
Thank you for asking. I have not heard from him about the bill, I know he was working with the hospital and had to complete applications for various aid, and I anticipate that the process may take some time.

Old 07-15-2022, 07:10 PM   #30
WebSlave
Maybe they could ask if they could be allowed to have the commercial repricing price? That is basically the price that insurance companies pay, I believe. It is SUBSTANTIALLY cheaper than their list price. Which is telling me that the hospitals are willing to accept that payment for their services.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!