Payment Plants - No Communication/Payments? Now What? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 05-08-2011, 09:28 PM   #1
snakechaarmer
Payment Plants - No Communication/Payments? Now What?

I am just curious about what to do in this type of situation...I am not at any place where I would like to name any names or take anything to the BOI because it really isn't that serious of an issue at this point, but I would really appreciate some advice.

Say you set someone up on a payment plan for a snake that costs a total of $900. They mail you a $100 deposit, and plan to send 4 sets of $200 payments monthly. You receive the deposit, and one month goes by with no communication or payment.

You send an e-mail, asking to touch base/clarify what is going on with the payments. No response.

2 weeks later, ask again. No response/Payments.

What is the best way to approach this situation? Send the buyer an email saying he has 'x' amount of time to respond/send payment? Then is it okay to keep the deposit and put the animal back up on the market for sale?

Just confused about the ethics of this problem.

Thanks for any insight. ^_^

Old 05-08-2011, 09:31 PM   #2
snakechaarmer
And Oops.. I didn't mean Payment Plants..RoFL..Sorry guys, back hurts, had to take a Lortab, I'm a little sleepy o_O

Old 05-08-2011, 09:36 PM   #3
Lucille
Leigh,

A difficult situation and your two week wait speaks well of you.
Since you say they mailed the payment, I'd go the extra mile and mail them a payment request, with a request that they either call or email to confirm that the payment is on the way. This will alert them just in case they did send a payment via mail and it did not reach you. Unusual, but possible. If you don't get a response in a week, go ahead and relist your critter.

Old 05-08-2011, 09:39 PM   #4
snakechaarmer
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucille View Post
Leigh,

A difficult situation and your two week wait speaks well of you.
Since you say they mailed the payment, I'd go the extra mile and mail them a payment request, with a request that they either call or email to confirm that the payment is on the way. This will alert them just in case they did send a payment via mail and it did not reach you. Unusual, but possible. If you don't get a response in a week, go ahead and relist your critter.

Thanks, Lucille. Maybe they have an internet problem, I will send them a letter in the mail with my phone number to see if I can get some answers that way before I do anything drastic. I would hate for them to be in some kind of life problem where they can't get to a computer and I jumped the gun, though I do feel like it's been an awfully long time :/

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!