DHL shutting down? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 10-28-2008, 06:35 PM   #1
WebSlave
Exclamation DHL shutting down?

Today we had DHL deliver our cricket order and my wife got to talking with the driver for a bit. She (the driver) told my wife that DHL will be COMPLETELY terminating service except for international shipments. Her concern, obviously, was that she would be soon losing her job.

I've also gotten some notices from FedEx stating something along the lines that FedEx will be there to take up the slack when DHL reduces their service.

Now, I have NO idea of the accuracy or dependability of this information, but if anyone is using DHL exclusively to ship their animals or other merchandise, you may want to strongly consider making other arrangements NOW rather than wait for the rug to be pulled out from under you. Or maybe DHL has already contacted all of their customers about this.... Beats me, but this is a FYI, just in case.........

Old 11-10-2008, 03:20 PM   #2
Dennis Hultman
"AG plans to close all of its DHL Express service centers, cut 9,500 jobs in the U.S. and discontinue U.S.-only domestic land and air shipping, the AP reported."

Old 11-11-2008, 11:52 AM   #3
jim0602
I have a buddy that’s a driver for dhl. He has said the last couple months it was coming but was just made official to the drivers yesterday. He says takes effect jan 1st.

Old 11-12-2008, 01:58 PM   #4
scruby scruby doo
Correct, I work for another division of the Deutsch Post, which owns DHL Express and in fact they are closing all domestic service stations and will no longer service anyone domestically.

They are going back to there roots of International Shipping. Keep in Mind, even when they exit the US domestic Market, they will STILL be bigger than UPS and Fed ex....

Just a couple of bad mis-steps in the domestic market killed them, some $8billion in loses in the last 4 years.

Cheers

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!